Break./Fast.

There were so many raging emotions in the Guest Hall the next morning at breakfast that Miao Lu really wished Zewu-Jun had not asked her to be present. It all reminded her of Master Wei's birthday celebration night too much.

Lan Xichen was pale and looked as if he hadn't slept for days; she suspected this was precisely the case. Jiang Cheng was bitterly sorry he had come at all – he wanted to be back home, in his bed, with his loved one, away from all things Wei Wuxian,  if possible. 

And Lan Sizhui... She had never in her life seen the Young Master Lan so angry. The only one she could turn to for some comfort and stability was Master Wen, and she chose to sit next to him.

They were all sitting and waiting for the Masters to join them so that the meal could start, but they were very late. Bai Li had gone and knocked on the door several times, but there was no answer, and when Sandu Shengshou asked, annoyed, why she wouldn't go in and kick them out of bed, she said calmly, smiling, that she wouldn't dare do that even with a knife to her throat – nothing was scarier than Master Wei when someone tried to kick him out of bed. Well, perhaps one thing, though –  Master Lan when someone threatened to kick his husband out of bed.

Nobody laughed, and so everybody waited, sipping on tea.

When Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian finally joined the company, half an hour late, Miao Lu gasped so loud that she feared the others might have heard her – the Masters looked awful, worse than any other time in the past. Both were very pale and looked exhausted; all visible skin was bearing bruises and marks, their lips were in a pitiful condition. 

She was suddenly thankful her new chamber was away from the master bedroom – she guessed last night was... horrific. She quickly glanced at the Young Master Lan - Lan Sizhui looked like he would faint any second now.

They bowed and greeted everyone, and then sat together. Miao Lu bit her lip – they didn't just sit next to each other, or close together – Master Wei sat in Master Lan's lap. 

How could they possibly look even closer  now? 

She hadn't seen them for a couple of weeks, but they looked more intimate than ever. Staring into each other's faces, they noticed nothing, not even the food, lost. Wei Ying's lips were parted and he was caressing Lan Zhan's face, watching his own reflection in the golden mirrors that expressed only deep devotion and care. From time to time, they would be pulled to each other so strongly that their lips would merge, effortlessly, smoothly, perfectly attracted and matching.

Jiang Cheng lost it first. 

He growled:

- Is it possible that the two of you would cut it,  and finally pay attention to your son at least!???

- Son, we are very glad you are safe home... - Wei Wuxian mumbled, not looking away.

- Yes. – Lan Wangji mumbled, also not looking away.

- Ah, it's one of those days... -  Lan Huan mumbled too.

- Nothing is important but you, my heart...  -  Wei Ying whispered.

- Nothing matters but you, my love...­  -  Lan Zhan murmured gently.

Their grip on each other tightened, and they kissed again, slowly and gently, forgetting everything else. Lan Sizhui finally lost his patience – he jumped to his feet and cried:

- Father! Papa! How can you be like this?!  Do you know how much I worried?! How much we all worried for you? I rode like crazy to Lotus Pier only to be told that you are transported to Gusu, because you were dying!  And last night?! What about last night, Papa??  –  he sobbed, still shocked by the sight. – Uncle told me that there is a problem with your core? Is that right? Why don't I know anything about it?!?  –  he relaxed back to his seat, sobbing on Lan Xichen's shoulder as he wrapped his arm around him.

- Huh. Which uncle exactly????   –   Wei Wuxian looked away from his husband and glared at all of A-Yuan's uncles.

- Does it matter?!?  -  Lan Sizhui cried desperately.

- Wait, wait... - Jiang Cheng interrupted. – What happened last night? Huan?  –  he looked at Lan Xichen, who was blushing deeply, lowering his eyes. – What happened last night, morons?!  –  he glared at his brother and brother-in-law now.

- Wanyin...later...  -  Lan Xichen murmured, blushing. 

Wei Ying was just about to open his mouth and make things worse, when Hanguang-Jun placed his palm on his belly, making him blush and mysteriously  fall silent. He said with a serious, thundering voice:

- We had been having some... marital problems  lately, but those are now resolved. We would like to thank everyone for all your concern and help; we wouldn't be here today, enjoying your company, if it hadn't been for your cares and assistance. We will never forget it.

They both bowed to the room, synchronized, smiling.

- Our personal business is our own, and we do not wish to burden you with it. Son... – he turned to A-Yuan, smiling gently. – We are extremely happy to have you with us again.  We will celebrate New Year's Day a little late, and offer thanks to the Gods, for we are both truly blessed with the best family and friends. Do not worry for us any more; whatever problems there might have been – it is all in the past now.

- In the past?  -  Lan Sizhui exclaimed, brushing his tears away. – Dad, I am not 5! You cannot lie to me any more! Both you and Papa have been a total mess  in the last months! Why? I need to know! We all need to know!

- What he said.  -  Sandu Shengshou mumbled.

- Ah, Jiang Cheng! – Wei Ying grinned. – I know that we have interrupted your honeymoon, but... What can I say, life sucks! 

He laughed at his own joke, and then added quickly:

- Well, death sucks too!

All eyes were now on Jiang Wanyin and Lan Huan, and they were both flushed and embarrassed.

- Wei Wuxian! I swear, I will kill you with my own two hands!  -  Jiang Cheng growled.

- Darling...no.  –  Lan Xichen murmured, but he felt very hot all of a sudden... Wei Wuxian was not too wrong.

- A-Yuan is right. – Wei Ying stood up surprisingly fast, speaking up. – I would like to explain. Although I agree with Hanguang-Jun – those are personal things. And none of your business.

Lan Wangji smiled faintly, impatient for his lover to come back to him so that they could finally eat a little. He was sure Wei Ying was hungry...and cold.

- The last months were a time of change for us. We welcomed a new person to our household, to our family. We also are expecting a new son to welcome in our hearts. And this is a lot. Those changes have affected all of us, both physically and mentally, and I think this is normal. – he said boldly.

He looked at his son and told yet again the story of the last months that everyone in the room knew too well. He, however, left out the detail about his shared core, but told them all about his heightened senses.

- It seems in time this triple bond is getting stronger and more complicated.  – Lan Xichen said thoughtfully.

Miao Lu was blushing, placing her hands on her belly

- It will be hard, but I will try to spend as much time with my son... And with my husband.  –  Wei Ying said. – And, trust me, this is not easy.

He looked at the beautiful face, awaiting him, and smiled slightly.

- And those dreams?  -  Lan Sizhui asked, worried.  –  Mistress, could you tell us about those?

Miao Lu stood up and bowed respectfully, and started re-telling her three dreams, finishing with the words:

- Ever since the Masters left for Yunmeng, I haven't dreamt at all. Not even once.

- So this is how you know it is Papa's baby? You dream when he is close by?  -  Lan Sizhui wondered.

- Master Wei told me that my dreams are his memories. –  she said briefly, flushed.

- Apart from the last one.  –  Wen Ning's voice surprised them all. 

He had been listening carefully, but never said a word up until now.

Lan Sizhui went very, very pale again.