TREASON

"Bring in the man in charge of registering carriages in the village so we shall know if there is really any local carriage held in Owen's name" Zed said and one of the guards in the room went to do this.

"My Lord the woman leading the people is elder Marvin's wife" Pharian reported to Zed whose expression remained the same.

"Anything else?" Zed asked making the people who sat near him confused.

"Half of the people protesting are working with those who wants to bring you down and whispers have been going on that they want to elect a new leader by the name of Leonard Horne" Pharian said and Zed nodded.

'When this is over, the person in charge you know what to do' Zed spoke with an inner voice.

"Yes my Lord but is it not better to execute her in front of the people?" Pharian asked.

"Very well then" Zed said and Skye entered the room the Elders and kingsmen bowed their head.

"Come" Zed told her and she walked towards him.

"Sire this is no place for women" an elder said But Zed's eyes didn't move from Skye who looked down and walked towards him.

"Sire if one wife is here where is the other?" Another elder asked.

"You seem to care so much about my wives are you planning to steal them from me?" Zed asked and the elder immediately shut up.

"Sire" the guard returned with the man incharge of the local carriages.

"Wilfred I would like you to tell me if there is any local carriage in Owen?".

"Strauss" Owen replied with his last name.

"In Owen Strauss' name" Zed said and the man Wilfred bowed.

"Yes sire" Wilfred replied.

"Wow Wilfred that was fast you didn't even need to open any book or do you have the name of all owners of carriages in your head?" Zed asked.

"No sire" Wilfred replied.

"Did you tell him about why he was called?" Zed turned to the guard who brought Wilfred in.

"No sire" the guard replied.

"Explain yourself Wilfred" Zed's voice stern.

Skye confused just watched what was going on as she stood on Zed's right hand side while Pharian was on the left.

"Sire I only know Owen's name because he has abandoned his carriage for a few weeks now and I have been searching for him" Wilfred said and Zed leaned back and smiled.

"How then were you able to drive me Owen?" Zed asked.

"Sire I....".

"Take him to the dungeon he shall be executed tomorrow at dawn" Zed ordered and the guards pulled him.

"Sire!!!...please I am only doing as I have been told" Owen begged and Zed raised his hands for the guards to stop pulling him.

"Who told you Owen?" Zed asked.

"I do not know sire but it was Peter here who told me about it" Owen confessed and Peter's eyes widened he didn't believe that Owen would tell him out.

"Thank you for your honesty Owen" Zed said and Owen smiled briefly before he heard.

"Guards proceed" and the guards pulled him out and he kept on screaming and begging for his life.

"Peter" Zed smiled and Peter knew there was no escape.

"You are an evil man Zed Legge you were once a commoner who just decided to ascend the throne by false means you do not even belong in our realm in all the kingdoms you are the only inhumane ruler" Peter snarled in obvious distaste making everyone's eyes go wide except  Zed who smiled at Peter speaking his mind.

"Who sent you?" A kingsmen asked.

"You think I would talk?" Peter chuckled.

"Speak and your life will be spared" an elder said and Zed glanced at the people at the table taking decisions on his behalf.

Who was the king here?.

"My life means nothing even if I die we won't stop until you are dead" Peter said and Skye frowned.

There were many people who wanted to kill Zed?.

Zed raised his hands and guards entered inside dragging  Peter who didn't bother to struggle.

"Kill him your own way" Zed whispered inaudibly to Pharian who understood.

"With pleasure" Pharian said dissapearing.

"Such treason" an elder scoffed and Zed smiled at the man.

"Tell your people to go" Zed standing up and every other person in the room did then he walked out with Skye by his side and four guards.

"Arrest Valerie Martin Clarke she shall be executed with Owen Strauss tomorrow" Zed ordered.

"It's better she joins her husband"Zed murmured to himself.

Skye followed Zed and when they were away from everything, she asked

"What's going on?".

"Did you miss me that you decided to come to court?" He asked.

"What's wrong?" She asked ignoring him and he sighed.