A FLASH BACK (2)

Zed hurled a large stone he found and one of the guards followed the sound while the other one guarded the door.

Smart.

Zed walked in front of the guard and smiled at him.

"OI! Mate" he smiled and the guard grabbed his sword he had instructions to kill anyone who wandered around there.

Zed was extremely skilful being raised in the streets of Kristanlia he knew how to fend for and defend himself. He twisted the guard's hand grabbing the blade he plunged it into his ear and pulled it out hiding his body behind a wall. He slowly pushed the door hoping not to make a sound and entered the room.

Immediately he did he went around the corners and hid.

"I won't let you take him" The king of Kristanlia spoke.

"You don't have a choice" Erik smiled and the King frowned.

"He is my youngest son" The king pleaded he knew though he was a king he was powerless in front of these demons. Zed watched the drama unfolding his father had three other men with him and a younger boy. One whom he had been seeing in his dreams and as an illusion.

He once introduced himself as Pharian. The child was annoying.

"He will be of great use to us" Erik his father said.

Who were they speaking of?

Zed heard the door open and froze when he saw the beauty he had slept with walk in.

Gwen?

He wanted to grab her and pull her to safety what was she doing here with such savage men around.

"Erik I think I've found my man" Gwen said excitedly.

"Gwen I have no time for your nonsense!" Erik shouted and Gwen pouted and stood beside him.

Gwen knew his father?

"Please spare Legge" The king pleaded.

Who was Legge he had never heard of the king having any son named Legge his last son was Gordon.

"His name is not Legge! You may be his birth father but I am his mother's husband his name is Zed! You have no right over him!" Erik spat and his statement made Gwen and Zed froze.

Was this another Zed? No, he was the only one bearing that strange name in the whole of kristanlia.

"Did you say Zed?" Gwen asked. but they ignored her.

He was the youngest son of the king? Why did his mother hide this from him?

"Zed Legge?" Gwen murmured saying some ancient words a scroll appeared in her hand Zed moved back in fear he had never seen magic before. As he stepped back, he tripped and fell with a loud thud.

Immediately Pharian appeared and looked at him then frowned.

"Why did you come here?" Pharian asked.

"To kill my father!" Zed launched at Erik with the blade in his hand and was about to stab him but a great force held him back.

"Zed!" Gwen squealed she would never let them use him as a sacrifice over her dead body she had finally found the man of her dreams.

"Well well looks like the topic of discussion was curious" Erik smiled evilly and the king's eyes welled up in tears.

Zed could see the resemblance between him and the King of kristanlia.

"You are not my father!" Zed spat in disgust referring to Erik who gave a sardonic laugh.

"Yes, I am, just not your birth father" Erik smiled.

"Lord Erik I won't let you harm him" Gwen stood in front of Zed.

"Get out of the way woman!" Erik shouted but Gwen stood her ground.

"Legge" the king called gently that name sent chills down Gwen's spine.

"Father?" Zed asked confused.

"Good old family reunion now where is that adulterous mother of yours?" Erik mocked.

"Don't speak of her in that manner!" Zed threatened.

"Legge I'll explain" the king of kristanlia Yaga began to speak.

Why was this man calling him a different name?

"Your mother and I were in love but my Father refused my marriage to her as she was a commoner he wanted me to marry a princess to form alliances with other kingdoms, but your mother and I loved each other Very much and because of our undying love, my father banished her from the castle" Yaga explained.

Erik snorted in disgust.

"I was the one of the wealthiest commoner and your mother's father arranged our marriage and one month later I discovered she had been pregnant for four months, she was carrying you Zed" Erik narrater and everything was finally clear to Zed.

"Legge I didn't know she was pregnant please forgive your father" Yaga pleaded.

Zed could only stare at the both of them. He would have been a prince but instead, he was the son of a maniac.

This was too much to take in.

Immediately two men walked in pulling his mother.

"Mother!" He rushed over to her.

"Let me go!" She fought the men.

"Hope you didn't have any troubles bringing her here?" Erik asked frowning he had sent three men to bring her and only two had returned and they were injured.

"A man was preventing us he killed one of us but we managed to kill him" one of the men reported