I'M IN CHARGE ♡

"I see you came to visit me and dabble into another brawl with your brother" Zed's father said with a smile which Zed did not bother returning.

"I have come to inform you of my marriage" Zed said not wasting time and this caused his father to smile

"Who is the lucky demon?" His father smiled evilly.

"She is a human" Zed replied.

"You need a strong woman by your side if you desire to rule, humans are naturally weak" his father frowned.

"The more reason I should marry her she will have no choice but to submit to me and in due time she will be stronger and more educated" Zed explained.

"Sounds like love" his father's smile returned.

"Zed Legge does not love" he reminded his father and scoffed internally at the idea.

"Let us hope so, humans have the power to do that" his father warned.

"Love is not for me you of all people should know that" Zed frowned as his father stood up.

"Humans will make you grow weak, they will cloud your judgement and you will not be able to rule" his father warned making his thoughts known to Zed.

"All things that you do and yet you do not rule, but I do, I am king!"

"Stop trying to act like a good father, I know you still plot against me and wish to take over father but I will always rule over you and it is your duty to obey me" Zed warned, internally seething.

His relationship with his father was not the best and he knew his father had evil intentions since he ascended the throne instead of his father.

"You are too young you do not deserve to rule" his father scoffed.

"Yet you are the one acting like a child" Zed smiled.

"I will not tolerate this!

...my lord" his father said hesitating then turned to leave the room as if in haste.

"My lord! when did you return?" Gwen asked appearing in the room.

"Unnecessary, I am to be married soon Gwen" he told her and she frowned.

"Who is she?" Gwen asked trying not to get furious but it was obvious.

Zed grabbed her jaw,

"Control your emotions Gwen" He warned.

"Do I know her?" Gwen asked.

"You have no right to question me" he squeezed her jaw tighter and she cried.

"Yes my lord but be with me tonight once more before you get married" Gwen pleaded. Zed could tell she was desperate but he could not blame her he was a walking temptation.

"I am in no mood to indulge you, you must learn to control yourself" Zed said letting go of her jaw.

He needed to confront his father, a duel was long overdue, and he needed to remind him who was in charge irrespective of age.

•○•○•○•

Zed appeared in the room he had arranged for Skye. It was dark, very late in the night.

He stared at Skye who was asleep on the bed. She looked so peaceful, her luscious brown hair falling over her face.

She was indeed a beauty to behold, her beauty granting her fame in all the kingdoms. All had heard about her, he had heard about her and knew that he had to have her.

Seeing her for the first time he had expected to be disappointed for the people were quite skilled in exaggeration but instead, he was forced to agree. She was a marvel, beautiful and poised, so soft and delicate but that meant he could easily hurt her unwillingly.

His power was massive, evident on his human body which was the reason when he grabbed her hand it was like fire. This body could barely contain his power not to mention he had to drink blood.

He pushed her hair away from her face and she moved a bit in her sleep. He shut his eyes placing his hand on her forehead penetrating her mind.

Her soul was grieved, she cried from within although she slept peacefully her mind was not at peace. He could see her thoughts and imagination.

Did she really believe him to be such a monster?

But he was and his anger knew no bounds.

His fingers trailed down her face and the silkiness of her skin made him think of the evil things he wanted to do to her.

She was still pure and had never known a man but once she was married to him she would have no choice. He stared at her observing her beautiful features.

Squatting down to the bed level, he placed a light kiss on her forehead and her eyes fluttered a bit before opening and she stared at him with wide eyes and sat up shocked.

"Sire!" She called shocked and he could hear how loud the thumping of her heart was dangerously loud.

Why was she so afraid of him? He did not like that she was. He could be a monster yes, but he was not.

"Is all well?" He asked.

"Y....yes" she replied and he nodded rising to his full length.

"Rest well princess" he said walking out of the room.

Her head spun his scent was lingering everywhere what was he doing here? She was confused.

She still found it funny that she was going to get married to him she was in no way ready for marriage and she had heard stories.