CRAVING

Zed arrived later that night in Skye's room after waiting till pharian was well treated as he stared at her his eyes went red he couldn't take it anymore but he didn't want to kill anybody, Pharian was injured and he didn't want to dispose a body.

He groaned his mind ached he needed blood he felt tired. His eyes turned to look at Skye one more time before he decided to go outside as he opened the door a maid passed by she bowed when she saw him about to walk away.

"Come" his voice sounded raspy but she complied and walked into the room Skye was sleeping on the bed.

"My Lord?" The maid asked confused and he made a shushing sound.

The last time he had craved blood like this he had gone to drink.

"Come closer" he murmured and the maid walked up to him she still looked young but he couldn't control his hunger anymore.

"I'll send you to a better place" he whispered before the maid could comprehend what he said his fangs tore through the skin on her neck and he drank and slurped on the fresh blood.

The maid screamed loudly though Zed covered her mouth her scream was heard.

"Zed?" He heard a voice behind him he knew it was Skye but he didn't turn back.

"Please my Lord" the maid begged her voice weak.

"Let her go" Skye said standing up and Zed let go of the maid walking up to her he forced her head back and she let out a cry.

"I need blood would you rather I feed on You?" He asked.

"But she is begging for her life the others don't and what about what happened in the village you are not full after that?" She asked looking pitifully at the maid.

"Listen" he pulled her hair harder to have her shout and he glared at her with red eyes.

"I don't like when people interrupt me when I'm feeding so unless your ready to trade yourself shut up" he snarled walking over to the maid who screamed and scrambling away from him. I'm a second he caught her and began to suck all the blood that was oozing out Skye looked elsewhere as he drank the maid dry.

She wasn't enough.

The maid's dead body collapsed to the ground and he lifted her up tossing her into the fireplace in Skye's room and increasing the fire with his eyes so that the body would catch flames.

Skye looked at hin shocked he actuallt burnt the maid's body.

"Zed"she called softly and he turned to glare at her he was still hungry and he wanted nothing else than to drink her dry.

"What?" He asked coldly making her frown.

"Nothing" she murmured going back to the bed to sleep.

Zed clenched his hands he didn't want to talk to her like that but he needed blood.

"Can you drink blood from someone without killing the person?"she asked.

"I have never" he said making her shudder she was considering offering her blood but his words put her of.

That meant all the time he craved blood he murdered someone she didn't dwell on the thought too much.

"Goodnight" he said his voice sounding distant and he left the room when Skye heard the door close she placed a hand on her stomach and went back to sleep.

Zed went back to his room he couldn't sleep he needed blood looking in the mirror he noticed his red eyes and he groaned sitting on the chair.

He didn't want to kill anyone but that maid had only made his thirst subside for a while.

He disappeared appearing in the underworld this was the time most of them were awake.

"My king" the servants bowed as they passed him by.

"My king" this time it was a Lord he came across.

"Lord Vincent" Zed greeted.

"I might need you to do my dirty work tonight as Pharian is unwell" Zed said and Vincent gave a small smile.

"Anything for the king" Vincent replied.

"Careful of your words, I need two humans fresh and clean" Zed said.

"As you wish" Vincent bowed and Zed began to walk to his chambers when he bumped into Gwen.

"Sorry my lord" she bowed and began to leave when he grabbed her hand.

"When did you become so formal have I offended you?" Zed asked.