DEATH (A BITTER TASTE)♡

"Skye!" he called barely being able to see.

"Skye!" He shouted louder and forcing his eyes open, he noticed she wasn't in the room.

Where was she?

He felt himself slowly becoming weaker.

"Skye!" He murmured grabbing a table and appeared in her room. He opening his blurry eyes to find her sleeping peacefully. He felt dizzy and his head ached harder, he stumbled back and swayed till he fell.

Skye heard the noise waking her up; her eyes and she looked around the room shocked to see Zed on the floor trying to stand up.

"Zed?" She called rushing over to him as she tried to lift him up. He was quite heavy and he groaned in disapproval.

"Get up" She told him but he shook his head. His hair was wet with sweat and it fell over his face but his body felt hotter than usual, hot enough to boil a kettle.

"Zed!" She called him as she tried to pull him up and finally did. he leaned his weight onto her, barely being in control of his own body. She held him and slowly led him to the bed and let his numb body fall on it.

"Wha....what happened to you?" She asked scared, confused.

"I...I don't know" he replied honestly his throat hurt as he tried to speak he shouldn't have drank.

After a while, he didn't hear her reply.

"Skye?" He called but there was no response. He forced himself up but he couldn't find her and he fell back down. He felt his strength slowly leaving him something wasn't right why was he hurting so much?

He heard footsteps coming towards him, he forced his eyes open and saw Skye beside him before they shut again.

"I thought you left" he whispered not being able to talk loudly.

"I can't leave you like this" she assured him. He could hear the sadness in her voice and it made him frown.

Soon he felt a cold cloth being placed against his head and sighed in relief. Skye pushed his hair out of the way as she applied the cold compress his skin was boiling.

"Skye it won't stop the pain" he whispered as he felt himself slowly leave his body.

She knew this technique could work on a fever and only hoped it would help him.

"Don't speak!" She warned him soaking the cloth again before squeezing and applying it to his head again it helped a little but didn't do much.

Then realization dawned on him.

"Skye stop I'm dying" he whispered and her hands froze.

He barely sounded like himself and all the blood was drained from his face he was the palest she had ever seen, like he lacked blood.

"Don't say that" She cried. They just gotten married and he was dying, no one would ever want to marry her.

"Zed you won't die don't please" she pleaded with him.

"Skye" he chuckled a bit.

"It's too late" he whispered.

"Zed!" she tapped him

"Zed!!"

"Zed!!!" She cried but it was too late he had gone. She placed her head on his chest his had heart stopped beating and his breathe had ceased.

Skye's eyes widened as she stared at her husband's dead body.

What just happened

He couldn't be dead.

"Zed!!!" She shook him vigorously.
But to no avail. Tears covered her face and she cried on his dead body.

Zed realized what has happened. The human he killed wasn't human, it was one of his kind a demon but when he was feeding on him he couldn't sense his demonic aura but the human did put on a fight.

He was apparently a weak demon.
And it was against every law for him to feed on his kind. Drinking the blood of a fellow demon had one punishment death.

If he had known.

He didn't know what would be going through Skye's head she would be completely confused because she didn't know of a thing that was happening, of what he was.