"You want me to hear her out when she almost got the both of us killed" Maya said "Yes okay you almost died but you didn't you didn't die that's the whole point she knows she made a mistake and she is sorry she called me and told me what happened and asked that I checked on you now I didn't want to tell you that but I am so you know how sorry she is" the brunette said "Okay" Maya simply replied "I believe she is sorry but my job is on the line now and I have to work on making sure I keep that" the blonde added "You should be at home making sure you still have a fiancée" Andy finished off before leaving the blonde in her office to ponder her thoughts.

***

Maya pulled into the drive away of the new house the two of them had just bought together putting the car into park and turning the engine off, she reached over to her passenger seat and grabbed her things before opening her car door and walking up to the front door slowly pushing the key into the lock taking a deep breath before turning the handle and walking inside. She hung her jacket on the hook and placed her shoes on the rack before making her way into the kitchen where she put her bag on the bench and began to unpack it. "Hi" Carina said popping her head around the corner and leaning against the wall "Hey" the blonde said turning her back to her fiancée and putting her tupperware into the sink "Where is Lily" the brunette asked "Staying at my mom's tonight" Maya answered turning back around catching her fiancée's eyes.

"Ripley was at the station" Carina said "Mhm he was" the blonde replied "because of today" Carina asked "Yes because of today" Maya answered "What did he say" the brunette asked "Not much just that I shouldn't have left my post which I already knew and that I left a probie in charge of the scene" Maya said "Sullivan is a former chief" Carina said confused "Mhm but he was stripped of his title so technically I did do that I left a probie in charge of a high pressure scene" the blonde said grabbing two glasses and a bottle of wine from the fridge.

"Do you know I am sorry" Carina said "I know" Maya replied "But right now I don't want to talk about it okay" the blonde said "Okay what do you want to talk about" Carina asked confused "How about we don't talk and just enjoy our night without our daughter" the blonde asked wiggling her eyebrows playfully "We should probably talk" Carina said "We aren't going to talk though we are going to yell and fight and say horrible things and I don't have the energy in me for that tonight" Maya said "We can't fix our problems with sex bambina" Carina replied.

"You're right but I don't want to talk about it anymore today okay I am going to jump in the shower" Maya said pressing a kiss to her fiancée's forehead and walking off towards the main bedroom. "What are you doing" Carina asked from where she was laying in the bed as the blonde made a move to walk out of the bedroom "I am going to sleep in the guest room" Maya simply replied "Maya don't do this" the brunette said "Just tonight baby okay I have to prepare for my meeting with Ripley tomorrow" before Maya could finish what she wanted to say she was cut off by Carina "Meeting with Ripley" the brunette asked "Mhm about the incident today Carina what I did goes against so many protocols so I have to explain myself tomorrow" Maya answered.

"Okay" the brunette said turning over to face away from her fiancée "Carina I love you so much okay I will see you in the morning I just need to think and I need to be alone for that" Maya replied "Okay bambina" Carina said through a cracked voice "I love you" the blonde said again "I love you too".

Tuesday 8th September 2021

Maya was laying on her back staring up at the celling in the spare room now regretting her decision to sleep in the spare room seeming it was 2am and she hadn't had a minute of sleep truth be told ever since Carina moved in if the blonde was not in the same bed as her she was unable to sleep. The blonde was torn on what she should do she couldn't decide if she should just stay in the position she was currently in and not sleep the whole night or go and climb back into her bed next to her fiancée so she was able to get some sleep for her meeting today.