"She back asleep" Carina asked "Yeah she's super tired" Maya said "Okay well I am going to get ready to go and meet my dad for dinner" the brunette said "Oh right that's tonight" Maya said "You sure you don't want me to come" the blonde asked "I'm sure I don't want to put you through this Maya, you have been through enough" Carina said lovingly "Okay" Maya said "I will be back after dinner though" Carina said "Good, go get ready I am going to cook something" the blonde said.

***

"Papa Ciao" Carina said hugging her father as she approached the table him and Andrea were sitting at "Ah Carina" Vincenzo said "So what is this about you moving to LA to study the female brain during orgasms" Her dad asked "I applied for this study along time ago and I never thought I would get picked but I did and I am going to move to LA for three months" Carina said nervously playing with her bracelet.

"No you aren't" Vincenzo said "Yes I am" Carina replied "you are a failure Carina you are what leaving the job you have now to watch women have orgasms" Vincenzo said "Papa I'm an adult now I make my own choices" the brunette said "I am your father Carina you need to listen to me, you are coming back to Italy with me" the older Italian said "I'm not coming anywhere you with" Carina said.

"Andrea tell your sister how she is ruining her life" Vincenzo said to his son "I think it's good that Carina is going to make change to medicine it's an amazing study papa" Andrew said "You are both a joke to the Deluca name" the oldest Italian scoffed. "Papa are you taking your medication" Carina asked "No I don't need it" Vincenzo replied "yes you do, you are sick dad and the medication can help you" Andrea said "Shut up both of you" Vincenzo said slamming his glass down on the table.

"Andrea are you seeing anyone" Vincenzo asked is son "Uhh no papa still working on it" Andrea replied "how about you Carina" Vincenzo asked "I am actually" Carina confirmed "Oh great when can I meet him" the oldest Deluca asked "Her and not yet it is fairly new and I don't need you and all of this coming into my relationship" Carina said "A women you are dating a women" Vincenzo asked "Yes" The brunette confirmed.

"You're a disgrace" Vincenzo spat out "Okay I've had enough of this" Carina scoffed standing up "Thankyou for your concern papa but I'm doing this study and I am bisexual which means I may marry a man or I may marry a women and oh my I hope to god the women I marry is Maya" Carina said "Maya Bishop your captain" Vincenzo asked "Yes" Carina confirmed "Well at least you have taste" Vincenzo said "I love you papa but if you aren't going to support me in my choices then don't contact me" Carina said before storming out of the restaurant leaving her father and brother alone.

***

"You're home" Maya said walking out to the kitchen "I am" Carina said grabbing a bottle of wine and pouring herself a glass "Didn't go so well huh" Maya asked "no my dad is an ass" the brunette said gulping down a glass of wine then pouring another "do you want to talk about it" Maya asked "Yeah" Carina said pouring the blonde a glass of wine and walking over to the couch.

"He said I'm not going to LA and that he wants me to move to Italy with him" Carina started out "Are you going to" Maya asked concerned "Are you crazy absolutely not" the brunette said "Then he said I'm a failure and ruining my life for wanting to study the female brain, and that I am a disgrace for dating a women" Carina said "You told him" The blonde asked "I did you aren't something I want to keep a secret" The brunette said.

"What happened after he said all of that" Maya asked taking ahold of her girlfriends hand "I said that I've had enough and I'm doing the study and that I'm bisexual and I may marry a man or I may marry a women" the brunette said "A man" Maya said scrunching her face up "I also said I hope to god the women I marry is Maya, and then he said Maya Bishop you're captain and I said yes and then he said well at least I have good taste" Carina said Maya just nodding trying not to smile at the fact Carina said she wants to marry her.

"Then I just said if you don't want to support me don't contact me and I left" Carina finished off "Right are you okay" Maya asked "I am actually okay it felt really good to say all of that to him" Carina said "Well I'm glad you saw him and said what you had to say" Maya said "Yeah" Carina said "I also hate him for saying all those nasty things about you" The blonde said "You aren't anything he said Carina, you are anything but a failure and you most definitely aren't ruining your life for doing what you want to do" Maya said "Thank you bambina" Carina said "I love you" Maya said "I love you too" Carina said pulling the blonde in for a hug pulling away to attach her lips to her lovers.

"So you want to marry me" Maya asked "One day I hope I get to yes" Carina confirmed "even though I have a child" the blonde asked "What" Carina asked confused "You want to marry me even though I have a child" Maya asked again "Of course I do I love you daughter almost as much as I love you" Carina said "Really" Maya asked "Really" Carina confirmed.

Monday 9th March 2020

"Can you take Lily to school this morning please" Maya asked Carina as she slid her work pants on "Yeah where are you going this early" Carina asked "I have a meeting with the brass" Maya sighed "Okay well I will feed her and pack her lunch and drop her off" Carina said sitting up and beckoning Maya towards her "I have to go" Maya said "I know" Carina said doing up the buttons on the blonde shirt "I love you I will see you later" Maya said slipping her shoes on and walking towards the door "I love you too" Carina replied flopping back in the bed deciding she can have another 30 minutes of sleep.

"Carina" Lily said shaking the brunette from her sleep "Morning bambina" Carina said yawning "Where is mommy" The blonde asked "She had a meeting" Carina said "But I am going to drop you off today okay" the brunette said "Okay" Lily replied. "Go and have a shower and I will make you breakfast okay" Carina said "Okay" Lily replied walking out of the main bedroom and towards the bathroom.

"Can you braid my hair please" Lily asked walking into the kitchen with a brush and 2 hair ties "I can whilst you eat okay" Carina said placing a bowl of cereal down on the table. "What type of doctor are you" Lily asked "I'm a surgeon" Carina replied "I do trauma now but I used to be an obgyn which means I" before Carina could finish what she was saying she was cut off by Lily "Means you helps mama's bring babies into the world" the blonde said "Exactly how did you know that" Carina asked "Kristen at school her mom is an OB and she came in for a careers day" Lily said.

"I'm going to be a doctor" Lily stated "is that so" the brunette asked "Mhm" Lily hummed "Why's that" Carina asked "I want to help people, especially since my daddy died I want to be able to help other people's dad's" Lily said making Carina's heart sink. "Oh bambina" Carina said pulling her in for a hug "that's beautiful" The brunette said.

***

"Hi" Maya said wrapping her arms around her girlfriends waist as she stood in the beanery "Hi" Carina said back placing her hands on top of her girlfriends "How was she this morning" Maya asked pressing a kiss to Carina's cheek and pulling away from her to sit on the bench "good she ate some cereal and had a shower I braided her hair how she likes it then we brushed our teeth and dropped her to school very smooth morning" Carina said moving to stand between the blondes legs wrapping her arms around her waist.

"How was your meeting" the brunette asked "Boring" Maya said "Sometimes I really miss running into fires but then I remember how much I love bossing people around" the blonde said "Mhm and you look super hot when you are all Chief mode" the Italian said pulling the blonde down and joining their lips together.

"I think we should have a quickie in my office" Maya whispered in to her girlfriends ear watching her eyes light up "Mhm agreed" Carina said moving out from between the blondes thighs so she could get off the counter. "Come on" Maya said grabbing her girlfriends hand and pulling her towards her office pulling her inside and shutting the door pushing her up against it as soon as it shut "Fuck" Carina said at the aggression "Don't act like you don't like it" Maya said smirking.

"Maya" Andy said opening the blondes door to see her bestfriend pined under her girlfriend on the couch "What's up" Maya asked "What's up you're having sex in your office" Andy asked "Trying to but you interrupted that" Maya said laughing Carina moving from her position on top of the blonde sitting down in just her bra "Are you going to get dressed" Andy asked "No because when you leave we are going to finish what we started and there is no need to re take out clothing off" Maya said finding this situation quite amusing. "You should really lock your door" Andy said

"You should really knock"

A/N- Just published the first chapter of my new book called crime and punishment xx