Part 2, Chapter 101- Freddie's POV

Start from the beginning

------------------------------------------

I can't breathe.

I'm supposed to be able to breathe. Right?

Louis, Amar, Ophelia, Theo, and Theseus look like they're having the time of their lives. Fixing their looks in the big mirror that was brought into the small room. Everyone but Theo is taking shots and drinking beer, 'just getting ready for tonight mate,' Ophelia told me before she had her third shot.

"I need Mum," I say, tugging on my tie.

The only person that hears me is Theo, "Hey, we should give the bachelor some space," they say.

Ophelia looks at me and smiles, "Not a bachelor for long, half-hour till showtime."

"Can you get me Mum?" I breathe out.

Theo nods, "Yeah. Yeah, we'll be outside. I can check on Evie if you want me to."

"Please, yeah," I manage to choke out.

"Mummy!" Ophelia screams, "Snuggly Bear Sweetie Pie needs you!"

Theo shoves her out of the room along with everyone else. They turn back and look at me, "Do you want me to... come back and tell you how Evie is feeling or..."

"No, uh. Just check in on her. You're her favourite," I say with a curt nod.

Theo smiles, "I'm everyone's favourite," they leave the door slightly ajar when they leave.

"Is that a hickey!?" I can hear Uncle Lee gasp, "Gilbert Jordan Clarence do you have a hickey!?"

"No...? it's a birthmark," I can hear Gilbert say.

I have to tune out the rest of their conversation. If it is a hickey then my little sibling gave it to him and I'm not sure I have the mental capacity to deal with that information right now.

I hang my head and rest my elbows on my knees. I don't feel like myself in this suit. I mean yeah I like it, but it's too posh for me.

Someone knocks on the door and I look over just as Mum pokes her head around the corner, "Hi bubba," She says, "Can I come in?"

I nod and stand up from the bed, "I uh..."

"Nervous?" she asks.

I nod three more times and Mum comes over and takes both my hands in hers, "What do you need from me," she asks, "Getaway car? A hug? I can't take a shot with you but I can get Daddy up here and he can have one with you... There's a couple spliffs in the van..."

I laugh and Mum smiles, "Up to you Freddie. Though I don't think you should run."

"I'm not going to run," I laugh and wipe my eye with my hand, "Why was that even your first option?"