Chapter 93- Freddie's POV

Start from the beginning

Once everyone is seated Kerensa sends out the test papers. I already know that it's going to be the worst four hours of my life by the way the exam flops onto my desk. I wait for Kerensa's go-ahead before I flip over the test and look at the first question,

Multiple choice and true or false questions. Allotted time 30 minutes.

I've never liked that word, allotted; and I spend the first like five minutes with my exam just thinking about how awful that word sounds. I nearly forget that I'm actually in an exam.

Focus Fred fuck dude. It's not that hard and if all else fails just guess B, it's always B.

Dymphna Furmage, a witch from the 17th century was attacked by pixies while on holiday. She filed for pixies to be humanely eradicated, however, the request was denied. What year did Dymphna Furmage die?

1623

1701

1689

1692

Okay seriously, how the fuck am I supposed to know that? I try to skip to the next question but it's just as bad as the first,

During the Calamity of 2010 and onwards, several pixie confoundables started to appear throughout the wizarding world. Which spell was NOT used to immobilize these pixies?

Knockback jinx

Ebubilo Jinx

Slowing Charm

Trip Jinx

All of the above

I lied, I don't hate the word allotted. I hate the words 'all of the above.' That phrase should be illegal.... God, I wish I spent more time on pixies instead of teasing Evie under our Defense Against the Dark Arts desk... Evie... she knows the answer in that perfect little head of hers, her smile... her eyes... her neck... god her thighs...

You're literally in the middle of an exam Fred. Stop thinking about your girlfriend before you pop a boner.

The voice in the back of my head is right. I've gotta focus. I re-read the first question and genuinely think for a moment. Where was I when I was studying pixies? Amar made a joke... god what was it? I give up and check 1692 cause it's got 69 in it and dip my quill in some more ink before crossing off the Trip Jinx. That one doesn't make any sense because if they're trying to find pixies... pixies can fly... you can't trip them if they're in the air right? Or maybe you totally can and I just botched this whole test I dunno.

I want to say that the rest of the multiple-choice questions were easier, but they really weren't. I nearly started crying when Kerensa shouted, "Two and a half hours left! If you started at the beginning of your exam you should be finishing up your final multiple choice!"

I, in fact, am not finishing up my final multiple choice but I get nervous and just guess the last three and hope for the best.

Three hours later and the only thing I'm positive about is the Troll grade that I'm going to be getting in Defense this year. Better start kissing my dreams of monsters goodbye.

"Oi, what'd you get for question seven? The one about ghouls." Louis says to all of us once we are out of the great hall and on our way outside so we can study in the sun by the lake.

"I got thirty-seven," Amar says confidently.

Evie looks at him, "Thirty-seven..."

"Thirty-seven."