Part 78- Cassiopeia's POV

Start from the beginning

The girls that were staring, suddenly find something else to look at. Theseus scoffs loudly and takes a few steps away from me. I smile to myself, taking it as a small victory. Bailey Chang lands first, ending the Hufflepuff race.

The Ravenclaws are next, they mount their brooms, Madam Hooch blows her whistle, and they soar into the sky. I watch them but don't really pay too much attention to who is in the lead or anything. I can hear Theseus talking and laughing with a few other students. Almost like he's trying to make me jealous. Jealous of what though? I haven't the slightest idea.

"It's nice to see you in class Cass," Darcy says stepping beside me.

"Doesn't feel very nice being in class."

He looks at me, but I keep looking straight ahead, "What did I do to you that made you so mad at me?"

"I'm not mad at you. I'm just a different person than the one I know you fancy. And I'm not that person anymore. Once you figure that out then we can be friends again." Ash Nelson lands first. Madam Hooch calls for the Slytherins. Only then do I look at Darcy. When I looked at Darcy a few months ago I got butterflies, now I feel nothing, I see an old friend of mine that hasn't changed since we were children, "Till then, if you'll excuse me."

I walk over to Madam Hooch with the other members of my house. Theseus stands right beside me and mounts his broom, "You may have won the last battle Weasley, but I plan on winning the war."

"What war are you talking about?" I say to him

"Weasley! On your broom!" Madam Hooch shouts.

I mount my broom and glare at Theseus till Madam Hooch blows her whistle. Then I kick off the ground hard. I've never liked flying, but I'm good at it. I quickly take the lead, pulling my broom to the far left and flying through the first ring. But just as I thought I was in the lead, Theseus cuts me off and nearly throws me off course. He looks over his shoulder at me as he flies through the second ring.

That cocky bastard.

I lean forward on my broom and urge it to fly faster. Soon Theseus and I are neck in neck, flying through the third ring practically at the same time. It goes like this for the rest of the race. Our house far behind us, Theseus and I diving through each of the rings only seconds after one another. But it's Theseus who lands first. My feet hit the ground not five seconds after him, but that doesn't matter. The race is over. He wins.

Theseus doesn't say anything to me, he just looks at me, out of breath, chest heaving, and winks before going over to where Ash and Bailey are standing, waiting for the Gryffindors to fly so that the winners can fly together.

I go back to the big group of other students, none of them really paying attention to anything. I sit alone in the grass, my broom forgotten beside me. I hate the way that I act around Theseus, and I hate the way that he thinks he's better than me at everything. And what the hell was that, 'you may have won that battle, but I will win the war,' who even says that anymore?

The Gryffindors shoot up into the sky. I take off my elbow and knee pads and stack them beside my broom. I stretch my legs out in front of me and lean back on my hands. I look into the sky, dark clouds are slowly inching their way closer to the school.

Watching the clouds reminds me that there hasn't been a good lightning storm in a long while. A bit of me wishes that one is going to happen tonight, so I can sit on the front steps of the castle with my brother. A sinking feeling forms in the pit of my stomach, Freddie. I miss him more than I'd like to admit. I could really use some of his brotherly advice right now even though if I told him how Theseus has been talking to me he would beat the shit out of him, he gives good advice sometimes.