Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 27

Pic of Ashley  --->

Sorry, it's really bad, I know TT-TT It was like a really quick job. I want to do a new pic of Ashley, but the computer with my drawing software on it is broken :(

Music is Monster by Skillet  --->

I think it suits Ashley very well in this chapter :P

Third Person's POV

Ashley stands before Hakuba’s prison, watching solemnly as his glowing red eyes open, the only thing visible in the terrible blackness. The Demon’s lips pull back into a dark smirk, his white teeth flashing briefly.

Ashley slowly tilts her head down, watching through hooded eyes as a black, bubbly substance begins to seep between the ten thick pillars barring Hakuba inside his sealed prison.

“Just say the word” Hakuba whispers evilly. “And I can get rid of this boy…….He can’t defeat a power as magnificent as mine…..”

Ashley stares at the ground, the black substance pooling around her feet, a slight stinging sensation running up her leg. Dark shadows dance across her face, as she watches the black substance climb higher, flooding out of Hakuba’s prison.

“Remove the seal” Hakuba encourages, stepping right up to the bars of his prison and pushing his jaws through the bars. “Remove it, and I’ll take care of this little problem…..I’ll help you…..”

Ashley slowly looks up, the black, bubbling liquid now reaching her knees. She drags her dull eyes over to the seal on one of the steel pillars, the seal that keeps Hakuba from breaking free.

“Help me……” the blonde repeats softly, as if in a trance. “You’ll…….help me…..”

Hakuba watches through wide, crazed eyes, as Ashley slowly walks through the black substance, heading towards the seal.

“Yes……” the Wolf chuckles evilly, eyes twinkling. “Do it…….Release the seal…”

Ashley’s POV

Naruto stares at me with wide eyes, his mouth hanging slightly open.

“Yeah Naruto, it’s me” I reply lowly, gritting my teeth as Hakuba’s malevolent chakra flows freely through my body, the Demon itching to take over me. “For now anyway….”

“Wh-What does that mean?” Naruto asks, shuffling backwards and slowly pushing himself to his feet. A choking sound escapes his mouth, as his hands fly to his head, eyes scrunching closed in pain.

“No!” he shouts. “No, I won’t let this dumb fox take over me! N-Never!”

“Ashley!” a horrified voice calls, making me turn and glance over my shoulder, chest heaving up and down as my breathing begins to quicken.

I see Yamato’s wooden shield disappear back down into the ground, revealing all of my friends. Kiyumi, Saffire and Kurai all stare at me with wide eyes, terrified looks on their faces.

Whether they’re afraid of me or afraid for me is yet to be seen. It’s probably the latter though, considering they know perfectly well what is happening to me right now.

“Fight it!” Atsui shouts, clenching his fists. “Don’t let it take over you! Be strong!”

“Wait wait wait!” Kiba shouts, stepping forwards and jabbing a hand in my direction. “That’s Ashley?! What’s going on here?!”