Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 29

Sorry it's been soooo long since I uploaded Stwf! It certainly won't take so long next time xP I haven't seen/read anything past the Twelve Ninja Guardian Arc with Sora in it, so I've got A LOT of catching up to do, seeing as I'm sticking close to the actual story line.

I know what happens later, but only through other Fan Fics and what people have told me.... :/

Pic of Kohana  --->

Ashley’s POV

Sakura and Naruto both leap for me, their chairs flying backwards as they throw their arms around my shoulders, laughing happily.

“Oh, I’m so relieved that you’re awake Ashley” Sakura sighs softly, hugging me tightly. “We weren’t sure when you would wake up….”

I blink a few times, still growing accustomed to the light. I wince slightly at the pink of Sakura’s hair, the orange of Naruto’s jumpsuit and the bright blue of his eyes. Had my friends always been so colourful? They’re hurting my eyes…..

“How do you feel Ashley-chan?” Naruto asks seriously, leaning back from me and regarding me with concerned eyes. I stare at him for a moment, before reaching up and rubbing my visible eye groggily.

“Thirsty” I mutter, to which Naruto chuckles. Sakura reaches over to my bedside table and hands me a glass of water, which I gratefully accept, downing it swiftly.

As I smack the glass back down on the table, I send my friends scrutinizing looks. Sakura and Naruto are staring at me anxiously, with the pinkette nervously twisting a lock of her hair around her finger. Kakashi Sensei stands behind them, his arms crossed and his uncovered eye hooded, ever looking the picture of cool and calm. Sai leans his back against the wall across from me, his arms also crossed and a blank look on his pale face. His dark eyes study me carefully, as if he’s expecting me do something either incredibly amazing or incredibly stupid. I can’t tell with him. I don’t know him very well and he never seems to show any type of emotion so….

“So” Kakashi Sensei speaks up, making my eyes flick back to him. “What exactly happened last week? Naruto and Sakura have filled me in on a few things, but the only one who can really explain is you Ashley.”

I nod a few times, sighing and closing my eyes momentarily. I guess it’s only natural for my team to want to ask me some questions about Hakuba’s…..appearance on the battlefield.

“I guess I may as well tell you guys, seeing as you know I’m a Jinchuuriki now” I mutter, my throat feeling hoarse and dry. “Well…You already kind of know about-”

I suddenly cut myself off, something that Kakashi Sensei said suddenly clicking in my head. My head snaps up, eyes narrowing at my silver haired Sensei. Naruto shifts on the edge of my bed, looking concerned.

“What’s wrong Ashl-”

“What did you mean by what happened last week?” I ask Kakashi urgently, making the older Shinobi shrug a shoulder.

“You’ve been out of it for five days now” he explains gently. “Nearly six actually.”

WHAT?!” I shout, throwing back my blanket and leaping up from the bed, almost knocking Naruto to the floor. He flounders around for a moment, flailing his arms frantically, before regaining his balance.