STWF - Road to Ninja - Part 5

Hi, my name is Blue and I don't post for months on end and when I do, I don't proof read anything :)

Sakura stares down at the pavement under her feet, her back leaning against a tall, wooden fence. She hugs a small bag to her chest, feeling strangely nervous.

She'd managed to knock on Naruto's window and ask him to meet her outside, but she'd been waiting for almost ten minutes now. Maybe he had decided that he didn't want to come. And where had Ashley disappeared to anyway?

Sakura raises her eyes at the sound of footsteps around the corner of the fence, though she makes no move to see who it is.

"What did you wanna talk to me about Sakura?" Naruto asks, hands in his pockets. "I'm kinda busy tonight, so can we make this quick please?"

"O-Oh...." Sakura stutters, hugging the bag tighter.

"I mean" Naruto continues hastily, "It's not like we can do anything until the time comes to use the scroll right? We just have to wait until then. I guess I'm just, you know, killing time til then!"

".....Naruto" Sakura begins softly, "Are you actually happy in this world?"

"Wh-What?" the blonde asks, chuckling awkwardly. "No way Sakura, I mean, what are you even talking about? I'm not......."

Naruto trails off, the forced smile falling from his face as he looks down at the ground. Would Sakura believe him if he said he wasn't happy? In this world, he had everything he'd missed out on....

"You're not happy huh?" a sarcastic voice suddenly asks, causing Naruto to look up. His eyes widen slightly, when he sees the fierce look on Ashley's face, the girl appearing before him.

"What an absolute lie" the Minami hisses, before darting forwards and pinning Naruto up against the fence, her hands gripping his collar tightly. "You're being stupid Naruto! This place isn't real, and neither is that happiness you're feeling! You should know better than to-"

"You don't understand Ashley!" Naruto interjects, scowling down at his teammate as he reaches up and grabs onto her wrists, squeezing them. "I have everything I've ever wanted in this world. My Mom, my Dad.....I finally have a family!"

"Everything you ever wanted huh?" Ashley repeats, smirking meanly. "So, I guess you're the Hokage here then?"

"Wha........" Naruto stares at Ashley with wide eyes, before lowering his gaze to the ground, a bead of sweat on the side of his head. "But that's.....That's not...."

"I have nothing here Naruto" Ashley continues harshly. "I don't have my Pack, my friends, my boyfriend, my family, Hakuba.......And worse yet, I don't even have you or Sakura here."

Ashley releases Naruto and steps back, frowning up at him with an accusing look. Naruto rubs at his throat and glances away stubbornly, though he can't help feeling bad for his friend.

"This world has changed the both of you" Ashley adds, addressing both of her teammates.

Before the argument can continue any further, a huge explosion suddenly rips through the air behind Ashley, the ground shaking violently from the force. Hot air blasts against Ashley's back, pushing her forwards a few steps, as her hair whips around her face.

Naruto throws his hands up in front of his face to protect it from the wind, only to let out a gasp when he sees exactly what has happened.

"Granny Tsunade!" he cries out, breaking into a frantic sprint. As Ashley turns around, Sakura runs out from around the corner, also heading towards the now destroyed Hokage Tower, a horrified expression on her face.