Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 28

Hey all! I was gonna upload TDZ and YOT, but kinda wanted to get this chapter done first lol.

Just an fyi, I'm going on holidays really, really soon, so this will PROBABLY be the last chapter of STWF that gets posted this year :)

Pic of Hakuba :)  --->

Third Person’s POV

Ashley holds onto Naruto tightly, her body trembling and her face buried into his neck, sobbing softly. Naruto holds Ashley just as tight, his left hand stroking her hair, his cheek resting on her head.

“Why didn’t you tell me Ashley?” he eventually whispers, making the girl shake her head.

“I was….I was scared to” she admits quietly, biting her lip, not wanting to lean back and look Naruto in the eyes. Why should she have been scared to tell him? Of all people, Naruto would have been the one person to understand her, and she knew that!

“Scared?” Naruto repeats, pausing for a moment, seemingly thinking this over. “I guess……I guess I can understand that. But still, you should have told me Ashley. I had no idea you were a Jinchuuriki too….”

Nobody knew” the blonde informs Naruto softly, sniffing. “Well, besides Kakashi Sensei. He knew…..And my friends from the Land of Ambience know.”

Naruto’s hand stops stroking Ashley’s hair, as he leans back slightly and looks down at her. Ashley’s fuschia eyes flick up, only to drop back down to Naruto’s chest. She can’t stand to see that wounded look in his blue eyes; it makes her feel so guilty….As if she’d just stabbed a baby deer or something.

“You told Kakashi Sensei” Naruto asks, sounding hurt, “But not me? Why would you tell him? He wouldn’t understand you the way I do…”

“I know” Ashley sighs wearily, rubbing at her visible eye. “I didn’t even want to tell Kakashi Sensei, but I kind of had to. Back during the Chunin Exams, when Kakashi Sensei had taken Sasuke away after his fight, Orochimaru appeared-”

“Orochimaru?!” Naruto exclaims, his features hardening. “What did he want?”

“He wanted Sasuke of course” Ashley says bitterly, her nose wrinkling. She still missed her stupid cousin, despite the length of time it had been since she last saw him. “And when he mentioned something about my power, Kakashi Sensei began asking questions. Because he protected me from Orochimaru, despite my bad attitude, I sort of felt obliged to tell him.”

Ashley forces herself to look up into Naruto’s eyes, only to see him staring at her, seemingly deep in thought. Her hands grab onto the front of Naruto’s jacket, bunching it up.