Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 85

Pic of Ashley  --->

I tried a different style to what I usually do while drawing this picture of Ashley, so hopefully you like it ^-^

Ashley's POV

Cracking my eyes open, I slowly come to and find myself staring up a strangely familiar grey ceiling. My brows furrow as I continue to look directly above, blinking rapidly in an effort to wake myself up somewhat.

'Why do I feel like I've seen this roof before?' I can't help wondering to myself, eyes narrowing at a small crack in the otherwise perfectly built ceiling. 'And that crack.......'

Still feeling confused due to being half asleep, I lean up on my elbows and push myself into a sitting position, only to exhale sharply. I reclose my eyes and hang my head backwards, scowling as I bite my lip to keep from groaning in pain.

My body feels so heavy and drained, almost like I've been sapped of all my strength. My muscles almost feel like they're on fire or something, they ache so badly. What exactly have I been doing?

Forcing myself to not just flop back down onto the bed I'm in, I open my eyes again and scan the small, empty room, only to do a double take and glance back over to the door on my left.

Kiba stands in the open doorway, back leaning against the frame, with his arms crossed and a faintly amused expression on his face.

"As much as I love getting a break from rebuilding the Village to come visit you in the hospital Angel" the brunette states, giving my a lop sided grin, "This is the third time this week."

I give Kiba a strange look, not understanding what he means, when the reality of his words suddenly hit me like a tonne of bricks. I throw my hands up to my face, groaning once again as the events of the past week come flooding back to mind. I hang my head and run my hands up into my hair, pushing my long fringe back from my face. I can't help sweat dropping, hooding my eyes as Kiba begins to laugh.

"I take it you finally remember what's going on then?" he questions cheekily, to which I deadpan.

"It's not my fault" I grumble tiredly, folding my arms over my chest like a spoilt child. "They're overworking me here! With the amount of chakra I've had to use up so far this week, it's a wonder I'm not dead yet...."

"Captain Yamato seems to be doing fine" Kiba tells me innocently, grinning despite the dark look I give him.

"Captain Yamato has been using his Wood Style Jutsu for years" I remind the Inuzuka flatly. "I only really started using mine this year, so comparing us isn't really fair you jerk."

"Still" Kiba continues, stepping into the room and walking over to my bed, still grinning, "This is the third time you've passed out from chakra overuse and Captain Yamato is still going strong."

An anime vein appearing on the side of my head, I jab one hand up towards Kiba's neck and grip him by the collar of his jacket, before roughly tugging him down to my height.

"I may be tired and I may be in pain" I warn, leering at the surprised Inuzuka dangerously, "But that only makes me more likely to hurt you. Watch yourself Mutt."

"Now probably isn't the time for flirting with me Angel" Kiba informs me cheekily, gently pulling my hand away from his neck and placing it back in my lap. "Don't you wanna know how long you were out for this time?"