Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 5

Hey guys! :D

Just a quick reminder that The Wolf Inside is going to be entered in the Watty Awards this year! So, if you think it's a worthy story of a Watty Award for Best Fan Fiction or whatever, please please please remember to go and vote for it :)

I'd be soooooooooo appreciative ^-^ It'd be cool if The Wolf Inside was the first Naruto Fan Fiction to win a category! :D

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the chapter :)

Pic of the real Sasori  --->

Ashley’s POV

I look up at the clear blue sky, not a cloud in sight, as Keiji dances around me happily.

Seems the little guy is really enjoying the warm sunshine.

Well, it’s more like blisteringly, skin meltingly hot sunshine, but he seems to like it all the same…

Having had enough of the gross, sand filled desert leading straight to the Sand Village, I’d decided to detour down South, through the Land of Rivers instead.

I may like the warm weather, but I can’t say I enjoy the desert at all.

For one thing, it’s very difficult to sense things through desert sand.

It’s all loose and grainy, so vibrations don’t travel through it very well.

Secondly, it was burning my feet! The sand soaks up the heat like a sponge, and it was burning through the soles of my shoes.

My mind was made up to leave the desert the moment I almost trod on a Scorpion though.

It gave me such a fright! It crawled out of the sand, looking like a massive Spider, except with a tail and claws.

So now I’m just strolling along a riverbank, trying my hardest not to get sunburnt and tilting my head, focused on something up ahead.

I can feel very faint vibrations coming from up ahead, catching my attention.

Though I can’t be sure what’s making the vibrations from this distance, they’re strong enough to concern me.

“Come on Keiji” I say, breaking into a run. “Let’s go and check this out.”

Keiji spins in a circle, before zooming after me.

I don’t think anything could ever dampen that eternally cheery disposition of his…...