Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 17

Hey guys, thank you for responding so positively to my little rant about voting!! ^-^ It's very, very much appreciated!

Something I forgot to mention at the end of the last chapter.......Anyone notice that the things Shigeshi, Minato and Aeri were fighting were mutants? Remember what it was that Orochimaru used to destroy the Land of Ambience? ;P Seems he was scouting around the Land of Ambience even back then ;)

Pic of Atsui and Tsumetai  --->

Ashley’s POV

I take a sip of my tea, which has cooled to a much more pleasant temperature.

“So Mother hated Father when she first met him then?” I ask in amusement, raising an eyebrow as Kiyu giggles.

“Yep” she confirms with a quick head nod. “In her own words, she said he seemed like one of those ‘arrogant, douchebag types’ that always seemed to hit on her.”

“Sounds familiar” I mutter with a small grin, thinking of the way Kiba used to hit on me all the time back when we first met. His arrogant attitude used to drive me up the wall, hence the amount of times he’d end up injured in some way after majority of our encounters.

“Speaking of which” Kiyumi says, setting another empty Dango stick down on her plate and leaning her arms across the table. “Didn’t you say you used to hate that Kiba guy?”

“Yes, I did used to hate that Kiba guy” I reply teasingly, copying her tone of voice. She rolls her eyes at my childishness, before giving me a thoughtful look.

“Well, why did you used to hate him?” she asks uncertainly, making me narrow my eyes at her.

“I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before” I begin, smirking as I remember all the reasons the Inuzuka used to irritate me. “He was loud, annoying, arrogant, persistent, always coming up with some corny line, I thought he was weak, liked Dogs, constantly hitting on me, he gets angry quickly-”

“I think I get the point” Kiyumi says dryly, holding up her hand for me to stop talking. I give her a wry smile, leaning my chin on my hand.

“Trust me Kiyu” I chuckle. “I could go on all day about why I used to hate him.”

Kiyumi fidgets uncomfortably while staring down into her tea, seemingly finding the green liquid suddenly fascinating.

“Well…..What made you change your mind about him if he was so annoying?” she asks slowly, piquing my interest even further. What was her angle here?

Releasing a sigh, I brush my long fringe back from my eye, only to have it fall back in place again.

“Honestly Kiyu, a lot of things made me change my mind” I tell her honestly, seeing Kiba’s cheeky, grinning face in my mind and suddenly smiling. “It definitely didn’t happen over night or anything. It took me a long time to get to the point where I realised I actually loved him.”

“Right” Kiyumi agrees, nodding and listening to me earnestly. Her beautiful dark eyes are completely focused on me, soaking up my every word as if her life depended on it.

“Umm….well Kiba has always been very thoughtful towards me” I continue awkwardly, not exactly sure what my sister wants to hear. “If he knows something will make me uncomfortable, he won’t do it. Unless he’s teasing me of course, then he loves to make me feel uncomfortable……He’s very loyal and kind, and would do anything for his friends. I find that a very admirable quality, especially since I was never like that after I lived with Orochimaru. Um, he has a good sense of humour too, which is good, considering he’s dating me………I don’t know what you want me to say Kiyu! It’s very hard for me to explain why I feel the way I do about him. All I know is that I love him, period.”