Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 57

Pointless fact : I've started watching Durarara recently, and I LOVE it. Shizuo, Izaya and Masaomi are just so adorable xD

 Pic of Ashley  --->

Third Person’s POV

Deidara walks at a leisurely pace, not overly concerned with where he’s heading as he strolls between the towering trees, following an invisible path. He was rather enjoying the peace and quiet, seeing as Tobi had been blown off to who knew where, and Ashley had gone running after him for some reason.

Had she said why? Was it because she felt that the Boss wouldn’t be happy with her if Tobi was killed? Deidara couldn’t really remember her reasoning, as it had been a few hours since he’d last seen the girl, but he didn’t really care anyway. Let her do as she pleased.

Deidara can’t help sighing irritably, his mouth pulling down into a faint frown as he thinks about the new member of his team. Never mind the fact that she was disrespectful and annoying at times, but she was also very suspicious to the former Stone Ninja.

Why had she suddenly decided that she wanted to join the Akatsuki? She’d always opposed them in the past, and she’d been following all of them around for at least a good year and a half. What had made her change her tune?

The fact that she’d previously lived in the Leaf Village made Deidara all the more curious too, seeing as all the Leaf Ninja he knew of were fiercely loyal to their home. Well, apart from Itachi Uchiha. That bastard had been the complete opposite of loyal, if the stories he’d heard were actually true

Deidara!” someone suddenly barks, causing said teen to roll his blue eyes and turn his head a little, scowling in the opposite direction the voice had come from. He still didn’t want to speak to those two….

Crouching on a high tree branch, Ashley slowly narrows her eyes and turns her head, boring holes into Deidara’s back as she watches him start walking a little faster. Tobi hangs from a tree behind Ashley, one hand curled around a branch and one foot firmly planted, as he leans to the side and dangles precariously over the edge.

“Deidara Senpai!” Tobi calls brightly, also watching the disappearing blonde male. “We’ve been looking everywhere for you!”

“Not true” Ashley mutters flatly, deadpanning as Tobi drops to the ground and hurries after Deidara. “I’ve know his location this whole time.”

“Well, you sure took a long time to find him Ashley-chan” Tobi sings cheekily, spinning around and wagging a finger at the girl as he walks backwards. “It didn’t seem like you knew where Deidara Senpai was!”

“It only took so long because you’re so damn slow!” Ashley defends irritably, raising a fist in the air and growing an anime vein as Tobi giggles behind his hand. “Idiot…”

Spinning around on his heels as Ashley also jumps to the ground, Tobi trots alongside Deidara, swinging his arms happily.

“I’m glad we caught up to you Deidara Senpai” Tobi says slyly, raising his voice a little and shrugging his shoulder. “Ashley-chan was saying how worried about you she was! Seeing as you were all by yourself and everything. Isn’t that sweet?!”

“That’s not what I said!” Ashley snaps darkly, running up behind Tobi and pulling her arm back, before throwing it forwards with great strength. As her fist connects with Tobi’s back, the force of the chakra enhanced hit sends the tall male rocketing forwards and disappearing into the bushes.