Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 39

I tried not to do a cliffhanger this time guys, seeing as I seem to be somewhat notorious for them.....Ehehh.....Sorry about that, it's not usually intentional ;P

Pic of Okita  --->

(Sorry, don't think the pic is working atm -_-  Of course!)

Third Person’s POV

“So, who do you think will win?” Neji questions Kakashi, arms crossed. “Kyoku or Ashley?”

“Kyoku” is the silver haired man’s certain reply. “There’s no doubt that Ashley’s fast, but Kyoku is incredible. Back when we were in the ANBU, she was the fastest out of all of us. Her reaction time is amazing as well.”

Neji nods slowly, raising an eyebrow at Kakashi and making the older man look away awkwardly. Maybe he’d talked Kyoku up a little too much?

Kakashi’s visible eye lights up as Kyoku suddenly runs into the stadium, with Zee in hot pursuit. She sprints towards them effortlessly, giving Kakashi a closed eye smile when she notices him staring at her.

“And it looks like we have our winner!” Areki shouts excitedly into his microphone, “Kyoku Mizu of the Leaf Village, with Zee Monomori coming in a close second!”

The crowd erupts into enthusiastic screams and animated cheering, as Kyoku comes to a stop beside her two teammates and places a hand on her hip.

“Good job Kyoku” Kakashi praises the blue haired woman, placing a hand on her shoulder. “Not that I expected anything less from you.”

Kyoku smiles at Kakashi shyly, her ocean coloured eyes hooded. Though she tried to hide it, praise from someone as talented, and not to mention as handsome, as Kakashi left her a little lost for words.

“Thank you” she replies softly, before turning her head and glancing over at Zee, who is standing beside the female Snow Ninja that looks like him. “I’m not sure where that boy came from though. He’s fast…”

Kakashi and Neji also look over at Zee, who seems to be listening to something his female teammate is saying to him. She places a hand on top of his head and gives him a tiny smile, when Zee blinks and turns around. He spots the Leaf Ninja staring at him, before glancing at Kyoku and nodding his head in recognition of her win. The Leaf Ninja returns his nod with a friendly smile, when the female Mist Ninja comes racing into the stadium, with Fuisuke right behind her.

“Tanzaki Kyomura and Fuisuke Kakonura from the Mist Village take up the third and fourth positions!” Areki announces, throwing an arm in the air. “Who will be next?!”

At this point, Kakashi gives Kyoku a worried look, as Neji stares hard at the entrance where competitors are supposed to enter through.

“Where’s Ashley?” Kakashi questions the blue haired woman, making her blink. “I thought she’d at least be second.”

“I’m not sure….” Kyoku says slowly, her brows furrowing. “She was right behind me when the race began…. Perhaps she got lost?”

“Thanks to her Katsuryoku” Kakashi begins, shaking his head, “It’s virtually impossible for Ashley to get lost in a place she’s been to before.”

“Something must have happened” Neji speaks up, before smirking to himself. “But she hates to lose, so I have no doubt she’ll make it.”