Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 60

Hey guys, it's been awhile! I'm REEAALLy sorry about the length between this update and my last one. I've been working on another project (nothing to do with Wattpad) and its just been taking up all of my time. I've got a little bit of writer's block too, which is just fabulous :/

Hopefully you enjoy the chapter! Don't forget to vote, comment, fan, whatever ELSE you haven't done yet ;P

Pic of Ashley  --->

Third Person’s POV

Rei

Rei growls softly, lips pulled up as her lavender eyes flick from side to side, keeping tabs on the large, ink Lions on either side of her. Bright blue streaks of lighting flash and flicker across her fur, which is now standing on end due to a build up of static inside the Wolf’s body.

The Lion on Rei’s right raises its head and roars loudly, while the one on her left paws at the water below it, tail swishing back and forth with anticipation. Their inky black eyes never stray from the Wolf, waiting for her to make the slightest move so they can attack.

Rei exhales a quiet, yet sharp breath and raises her eyes, brows furrowing as she takes in the stoic, hood eyed expression on Sai’s face. It almost seemed as if the boy were taunting her, sitting on top of that annoying ink bird and staring down at her so calmly…..

“I have no personal quarrel with you Leaf Ninja” Rei explains in her soft voice, though there is a serious tone to her words,” And I would rather not fight you if I don’t have to. Please, just stand down and allow Milady to go about her business. She has said so herself, she has no interest in any conflict with you.”

“I cannot stand down” Sai states coolly, subtly tightening his grip on the Tanto in his hand. “We have a mission to complete, and we can’t let Ashley take the Three Tails to the Akatsuki. Besides, the Three Tails has swallowed Naruto and we need to rescue him.”

“The Beast swallowed Naruto?” Rei asks, blinking in surprise. “Oh dear, I hope he’s alright. I can’t imagine that would be too pleasant…….”

Rei trails off and sweat drops, seeing the way Sai narrows his ebony eyes at her suspiciously, as if confused by her words. Being the kind hearted creature that she was, Rei couldn’t help worrying about the blonde male’s safety, despite her sudden change of sides. He had always been friendly to Rei. He was stupid sometimes, but friendly nonetheless.

“Well, that fact aside” Rei growls, swiftly lowering her head and flicking her ears back. “I can’t allow you to attack Milady and so, to defend her, I will have to attack you!”

The two giant Lions on either side of Rei roar ferociously and rear up on their back legs, as the pretty Wolf’s chakra suddenly surges, causing electricity to build up and crackle loudly around her.

Not paying any attention to the Lions while she races across the water towards Sai, eyes focused on him as the bird he’s riding begins rising into the air, Rei growls viciously and throws herself towards the Leaf Ninja.

Her ears flick up however, as she hears one of the Lions leap up from her side, jaws wide open and claws stretched out to rip her to pieces. Her lips pulling up into a wolfish smirk, Rei changes the flow of her chakra to a more erratic one, which causes her white fur to immediately flourish into a brilliant blue.