Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 23

Pic of Sora  --->

Ashley’s POV

I stare at the newcomer curiously, my arms crossed and my back leaning against an indifferent looking Ace. There’s something weird about this guy, and it’s not because he’s standing there with a pout on his face.

I can just feel something about him, something that puts me slightly on edge and makes me feel the tiniest bit uncomfortable about being around him. The vibe he’s giving off feels kind of familiar, almost like the one I used to get from Naruto when I first arrived here in the Leaf Village.

My chakra…’ Hakuba hisses lowly, making my brows furrow at the tall boy in front of me. Chakra? That could be what feels familiar about him, but how could it be Hakuba’s chakra? This guy doesn’t feel like a Jinchuuriki to me……And I’d know, since Hakuba can sense a Tailed Beast’s chakra.

The brown eyed boy suddenly catches me staring at him and grits his teeth in a snarl, stepping forwards to challenge me.

Ace’s head immediately snaps up, aqua eye intently trained on the scowling boy.

“What’s your problem?!” the boy demands to know, raising a fist at me and making my Wolf growl lowly in warning.

“What makes you think I have a problem?” I ask blandly, raising an eyebrow at the boy. He narrows his eyes at me and leans down, his face not too far from my own.

Naruto and Sakura exchange a worried look, as Sai watches on with hidden intrigue and Yamato sweat drops. He’s no doubt heard stories about me from the other members of my team.

“Uhh, Sora?” Naruto asks unsurely, stepping forwards and reaching out for the new guy. “Maybe you shouldn’t-”

“Shut up!” Sora barks, glaring at Naruto over his shoulder, before looking back down at me. “You’ve been staring at me since we came out from the Hokage’s office. And not just staring, but staring like you’ve got a problem! So come on then, what’s your problem with me?!”

“Sora!” Sakura whispers urgently, cupping a hand around her mouth, and wincing at the calculating look in my eye. “I really think you should back o-”

“Maybe you’re too scared to tell me what your problem is” Sora laughs mockingly, leaning back and throwing his hands on his hips. “And I don’t blame you little girl. I’d be scared of someone as tough as me too, if I were unlucky enough to be you!”

Ace lowers his head, pulling his lips back into a snarl. The only reason he hasn’t attacked Sora yet, is because I’m pushing against him with my back, signalling for him to stay put. For now anyway.

“He’s dead” I hear Naruto whisper decisively, internally smirking at the way Sakura nods in agreement.

“Why are you even a Ninja if you can’t open your mouth and stand up for yourself?” Sora questions, obviously happy to continue on with his entertaining little rant. “You’re a tiny little girl, who obviously has no skill, so you’d probably be better off not staring at people like you’ve got a problem with them. You’ll just get yourself hurt!”

That said, Sora folds his arms across his chest and looks down at me, triumphant smirk in place. I shrug, giving the taller boy an unimpressed look.

“You’re such an annoying little ass” I inform Sora dryly, uncrossing my arms. “No wonder Lady Tsunade beat you up.”

Sora’s eyes widen, as I step forwards and grab him by the collar, yanking him roughly down to my height.