STWF - Road to Ninja - Part 2

Naruto and Sakura both skid around a corner and sprint down an alleyway, with panic very evident on the blonde's face. He'd never seen Hinata get angry before, and she'd certainly never behaved like that before!

Seeing her argue with people like Sakura and Ashley was not something Naruto thought he would ever witness.

"Ahh!" Naruto cries out, almost tripping right over a discarded crate. He manages to awkwardly jump over it, before he and Sakura both step out into a well lit street.

"Phew......" Naruto sighs, leaning down and resting his hands on his knees as he catches his breath.

"What was that all about?" Sakura wonders, wiping the back of her hand across her forehead. "Why were they all acting so weird?"

"I dunno" Naruto murmurs, before blinking as he realises something. "Uh oh....."

"What's wrong?" Sakura inquires, tilting her head to the side.

"Um......Where's Ashley?" Naruto asks, dismay creeping into his voice as he looks around wildly. "I think we left her behind!"

Before either Naruto or Sakura can do anything, Ashley suddenly bursts out of the same alleyway they'd just exited, only to collide heavily with her teammates. The three of them collapse to the ground in a heap, with Ashley quickly jumping up and bowing her head.

"Sorry, sorry" she apologizes sheepishly, rubbing the back of her head as her friends glare at her. "I wasn't able to stop in time."

"What's the big idea Ashley-chan?" Naruto complains, climbing to his feet and helping Sakura up.

"Hinata runs faster than I remembered" Ashley responds, blanching. "I had to book it so she wouldn't catch me."

"But Chojiiiiiiii......." a loud voice whines, catching Team Seven's attention.

They all turn around to see Choji, Shikamaru and Ino walking towards them, with the Nara just about hanging off of his best friend.

"Something already seems off about the three of them...." Ashley comments, screwing her face up as she studies the incoming Team Ten. Naruto and Sakura nod in agreement, the two of them looking slightly apprehensive.

"Please?" Shikamaru begs, sounding far more enthusiastic than he usually did. "Can't we go and get barbeque? They're doing this great all you can eat special for only fifteen hundred ryo per table! So even if we just split it between the three of us, then that only comes out to be like uh........uhh.........umm....."

Team Ten come to a standstill as Shikamaru glances up at the sky in confusion, really trying to work out the sum of money. A modestly dressed Ino waits patiently, a demure expression on her face. Choji on the other hand, begins to scowl with frustration as he glares at Shikamaru.

"It's five hundred ryo each" the Akamichi finally states, sighing heavily, "And anyway, I don't want some all you can eat deal. I get full way too easy, so it'd be a complete waste of my money."

"What?!" Shikamaru exclaims, running after Choji as he decisively walks away and clinging to his shoulder. "But don't you see?! Even if you only eat enough for five people, it's still a bargain at that price!"

"Get off of me!" Choji demands, smacking Shikamaru's hands away, only for the Nara to grab him by the shirt. "How am I even supposed to eat that much?!"

"C'mon you guys" Ino coaxes gently, stepping between the two males and carefully separating them. "Shikamaru, Choji......You're friends. You shouldn't be fighting."