Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 75

Pic of Ashley  --->

Third Person's POV

Ashley sighs heavily as the purple haired nurse fusses around her, checking the girl's vital signs and scribbling things down on a small clipboard. Hearing her sigh, the nurse flicks her eyes up to Ashley, concern filling them as she sees the blank expression on her patient's face.

The blonde girl merely stares straight ahead, her half closed and clouded eyes not really focusing on anything in particular. The nurse's mouth pulls down into a slight frown at Ashley's unusually placid behaviour. She'd already changed the bandages around the girl's head this morning without so much as a peep coming from Ashley's mouth, and having had to look after her before, the nurse knew how out of character this was for the Minami.

Setting her clipboard down on a bedside table, the purple haired woman steps over to Ashley and gently places her hands on the needle still stuck into Ashley's wrist, moving to replace it with a new one.

Quickly pulling the needle out and jabbing a new one into the girl's skin, sticking it down with tape, the nurse looks up, only to see that once again, Ashley has not so much as moved.

“Come now Miss Minami” the nurse encourages, straightening the girl's pillows carefully. “It's so unlike you to act this way. I almost miss the times you would try to escape through the windows or swing from the fans.”

Ashley merely blinks at this, tilting her head down to stare at the blanket covering her legs.

“Don't look so down now” the nurse says gently, placing a comforting hand on Ashley's head. “Aren't Lady Tsunade and your Sensei coming to the hospital today? You should be happy!”

“......What's there to be happy about?” Ashley asks bitterly, her voice surprising the nurse. She hadn't really expected Ashley to reply, seeing as she'd barely spoken for the last week.

“I'm stuck in the hospital” the Minami girl continues, leaning back against her pillows, “I can hardly walk without collapsing, my friends all think I'm a criminal and I can't see properly........And now I have to explain how my mission was a complete failure to the Hokage.”

The nurse blinks a few times, watching as Ashley pulls her knees up and folds her arms across them, hanging her head defeatedly. She'd never seen the blonde like this before and it was making her feel somewhat uncomfortable. All of the nurses and Medics in the hospital knew how feisty Ashley was, even when injured, and they all dreaded being assigned to her.

“I don't really know what you're talking about Miss Minami” the nurse laughs quietly, trying to remain positive, “But I'm sure your friends don't think badly of you. Even if they do, once you have a chance to speak with them, I believe they'll soon change their minds.....I can't imagine someone like Naruto hating anyone anyway.........”

Though Ashley is still hanging her head, the nurse sees a brief look of amusement flash across her face, causing the woman to smile.

“I had best leave you alone now Miss Minami” the nurse says, turning to pick up her clipboard, “And I know you get told this every day, but please remember......Stay in bed, your body has been under very severe stress and hasn't fully recovered yet. Do not use any chakra either, or you will damage yourself further.......You're healing well, but even you aren't invincible. Have a good rest, and I do believe the Hokage will be here to see you soon.”

“Great........” Ashley mutters sarcastically, lifting her head as the nurse exits her room and slides the door closed behind her. Staring ahead for a few moments, Ashley looks back down and sighs softly, closing her eyes.