Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 18

Thank you to all who have been voting for Twi in the Naruto Watty Awards, I feel so loved!

It's really encouraging to see that so many people actually enjoy the things that I write! :D

Pic of Kohana  --->

Ignore the weird leotard and gloves, they're not what she really wears lol.

Ashley’s POV

“…And so, to conclude….” Lady Tsunade takes a deep breath. “The Council unanimously agreed that becoming Allies with the Land of Ambience again would be a fantastic idea.”

A broad grin spreads across my face, as Saffire lets out a loud whoop of joy and runs forwards to grab the signed Peace Treaty from a smiling Lady Tsunade.

“Oink!” Tonton says brightly, hanging comfortably from Shizune’s arms. The charcoal haired lady sends me a wink, as my Minami friends begin talking excitedly amongst themselves, with the exception of Shimei, who is staring at Lady Tsunade.

“Lady Hokage” he addresses in his deep, velvet voice. Lady Tsunade raises an eyebrow at the tall boy, as he steps up to her desk.

“On behalf of our Chief and the people of the Land of Ambience….” Shimei closes his eyes and bows his head. “Kiitos.”

Saffire, Atsui, Kurai and Kiyumi all pause, before bowing their heads as well.

“Kiitos!” they chorus, while Lady Tsunade and Shizune send me quizzical looks, silently asking me to explain.

“Kiitos means thank you is Susikiel” I say with a laugh, throwing an arm around Saffire’s neck casually.

“Oh I see….” Lady Tsunade smiles, leaning back in her chair. “Well then, you’re very welcome. I’m very sure this will turn out to be a positive relationship between our Villages.”

“Will you be staying much longer?” Shizune questions, taking a step forwards. “Or are you planning on returning to your own Village today?”

My friends all exchange looks, before Kiyumi steps forwards.

“If you don’t mind Lady Tsunade” she says politely. “We’d like to stay for another day or two. We’ve taken quite a liking to your Village.”

“Plus!” Kurai chirps, bounding forwards and hugging my arm. “We get to see Ley-chan!”

“Ley-chan?” Lady Tsunade questions, smirking at me and raising an eyebrow. “How cute Ashley.”

I scowl at Lady Tsunade, tempted to throw something at her. I hate when she makes fun of me…..I can’t be out done by an old lady!

Before I can come up with a good retort, someone knocks on the door, making us all turn around.

“Come in!” Lady Tsunade calls, watching as the door opens, revealing a handsome man with silver hair.

“Yo” Kakashi says when he spots me amongst the other Minami, before looking up at Lady Tsunade. “Milady.”

“Ah, Kakashi” the Hokage greets, waving him in. “Good timing, I need to have a talk with you about something.”

Looking back down at my friends, Lady Tsunade gives them a nod and a quick smile.

“Thank you Ambience Ninja” she says pleasantly. “You’re dismissed for now, but I have no doubt I’ll see you again before you leave.”

“Hopefully not because they’ve broken something or hurt someone though” I laugh nervously, sweat dropping when Saffire and Kiyumi exchange sly looks with each other. I hope they’ll behave for the next day or two, or Lady Tsunade will no doubt blame me for the trouble they cause.