Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 25

Pic of Atsui and Tsumetai <3  --->

Ashley’s POV

“We won’t let you touch our Hokage!” Kotetsu shouts.

‘What did he mean by we’ll help them achieve their purpose’ I wonder, ‘even when we’re no longer alive?’

The man who had just been speaking suddenly grins and looks over to his right.

“Fudo?” he inquires, causing another man, a very big man, to step forwards.

“Right” Fudo nods, before leaping high into the air, performing rapid hand signs. “Earth Style: Impermanence!”

Fudo lands on the ground in a crouched position, slamming his palms down onto the dirt and sending out a large amount of chakra.

Everyone throws up their arms as a wave of wind cuts through the air, tugging on our clothes and hair.

“What was that?!” someone shouts over the wind, as I crack my eyes open. They widen further when I feel the earth beginning to shift underneath us.

“Everyone!” Genma suddenly shouts urgently “Get out of the way!”

“Dammit!” I cry, throwing out my arms as everyone begins leaping backwards, and a huge mound of chakra filled earth barrels towards us, aiming to crush us underneath it.

I send chakra to my hands and feet, grimacing as the wall of earth slams into my hands and begins roughly shoving me backwards along the ground.

‘I have to stop it!’ I scream internally, closing my eyes and throwing all my focus into using my Katsuryoku to halt the earth. ‘I have to! Before it reaches the Villager’s houses!’

“Ashley!” I hear someone shout in a panic. “Get back!”

Sweat drips down my face, my arms shaking underneath the weight and strength of Fudo’s Jutsu. My feet send up clouds of dust, as I continue to get pushed backwards.

“Come….on!” I grunt, pushing against the earth as hard as I can. Slowly, the earth begins to lose its momentum, eventually coming to a stop, right in front of the crowd of Leaf Ninja.

I immediately drop to the ground, breathing heavily. Izumo rushes over to me, kneeling down and placing a hand on my shoulder.

“Are you alright?” he inquires softly, making me nod and give him a thumbs up.

“Good job” Genma praises me, nodding his head in recognition. “We need to keep the destruction and loss of life to a minimum.”

My eyes suddenly widen, as Izumo rises to his feet beside me. Something…..is moving inside that huge wall of earth! A few people gasp, as rocks begin crumbling away from the earth and arms, legs and faces begin appearing through the cracks.

I watch in both horror and amazement as people begin dropping down from the earth mound, their skin looking a sickly array of blues, purples and greens. They groan loudly, their mouths hanging open and their eyes white, with no pupils.

“Earth Style Ultimate Revival Jutsu” the first man that spoke to us smirks, standing atop the mound of earth, “Soil Bodies. Rise, my fallen Shinobi! Rise and live again!”

‘I should have known’ I growl internally. ‘Orochimaru tried to teach me this wretched Jutsu….’

“What’s going on here?!” a familiar voice calls, making me glance over my shoulder. “Are we being invaded?!”