Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 76

Pic of Kiba  --->

Ashley's POV

“Why won't you answer any questions about Itachi?” Lady Tsunade questions me, to which I feel a pang in my heart. If only she could understand, I would tell her why, but she could never truly know how I feel. None of them will ever understand.

I loved Itachi more than almost anyone else as a child, and to find out that he still cares about me and was looking out for me, after all this time..........It just about breaks my heart that he's no longer near me. And that look he gave me, that smile......Why do I feel like I'm never going to see him again now?............It hurts too much to think about Itachi, let alone speak about him.

“I have nothing to say about him” I eventually say, stubbornly turning my head to the side. I hear Lady Tsunade sigh at this, as Sakura and Naruto exchange confused looks. It's like I thought, they wouldn't understand how I feel about Itachi. I'm sure they'd try to be be sympathetic to my feelings, but in the end, they haven't ever known Itachi the way I have.

“Alright then” Lady Tsunade says, apparently willing to bypass the topic of Itachi, “What happened after your mission to steal the papers?”

I briefly close my eyes and place a hand to the side of my head, massaging my temple gently. The combination of the constant strain on my eyes and all of this talking is really beginning to make my headache bad.....

“I was sent on a mission with Hidan and Kakuzu” I reply wearily, dropping my hand limply into my lap, “To capture the Two Tails' Jinchuuriki.”

Another Tailed Beast so soon?” Lady Tsunade asks in surprise, as Shizune and Sakura gasp. Naruto stares at me with large, unblinking eyes, eager and anxious to hear more. Kakashi Sensei remains calm and collected as usual, hands shoved in his pockets and his head tilted to the side.

It's almost impossible to catch that man by surprise...

“Yes” I sigh lightly. “She was hard to track down, but we eventually found her wandering around the mountains near the Hidden Cloud Village. Her name was Yugito Nii. And she was pretty smart too. As soon as she saw our cloaks, she disappeared underground into an old, abandoned sewer system.”

“Did you have to fight her Ashley-chan?” Naruto asks carefully, looking a little sad as I sigh again and nod. “Was it hard to fight against a fellow Jinchuuriki?.....”

“Of course it was hard Naruto” I reply softly, shaking my head. “I didn't know what they were going to do to her exactly, but I knew they would kill her........So I helped her escape.”

“How did you do that?” Sakura enquires, looking worried. “How could you help her escape and make the Akatsuki believe you're actually trying to capture her?”

“.......It wasn't easy” I admit, scrunching one eye closed as it begins to sting a little, “Especially when she transformed into her full Two Tails state.......Tailed Beasts are not to be messed with.”

“You had to fight against an actual Tailed Beast again?” Naruto breathes, eyes growing even wider than before. “Was it strong like the Three Tails?”

“Yes” I confirm, nodding carefully to avoid increasing the pain in my head. “She transformed into a giant Cat, completely made up of chakra and blue fire. The Two Tails was pretty wild and her power made Hakuba grow really restless and angry. I think she could sense him inside of me after awhile, so she focused all of her attention on me.”