Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 70

Pic of the Two Tailed Beast  --->

Third Person’s POV

The two Stone Ninja bound easily across the ground at an impressive speed, not tripping at all over the uneven, rocky surface beneath their feet. They’d lived in the Land of Earth all of their lives, so rough terrain was something they’d grown accustom to.

“….Hey Tsuka” the brown haired Ninja addresses, glancing down at the rolled up papers in his hand.

“Mm?” the second Stone Ninja responds, casting his partner a half interested look.

“I know we’re supposed to wait for Lord Tsuchikage to read these papers” the brown haired man begins, pursing his lips in though, “But maybe we should check them first? Just to make sure they’re legitimate?”

“What’s the point Kikatsu?” Tsuka asks with a shrug. “We don’t even know what the papers are.”

“Yeah but…..” Kikatsu stutters, before running his free hand through his hair and smiling cheekily, “I’m curious. What’s so important that Lord Tsuchikage had to hire the Akatsuki to steal these for us?”

“I get what you’re saying” Tsuka sighs, “But I don’t think it’s a good idea. Just trust that Lord Onoki knows what he’s doing……”

Here Tsuka trails off, rolling his eyes as Kikatsu begins to slow down, already unrolling the mysterious papers.

Or you could just completely ignore me and go right ahead.”

Tsuka has no choice but to slow down as well, turning around and walking back over to Kikatsu, whose eyes are eagerly travelling over the now unrolled paper in his hand. Placing a hand on his hip, Tsuka peers over his partner’s shoulder, curiosity getting the better of him now as well.

After a few moments of reading, his face begins to drop into a confused frown, brows knitting together.

“We really hired the Akatsuki to get this for us?” the Stone Ninja questions, as Kikatsu tilts his head to the side, mouth screwing up to the side.

“I bet Lord Tsuchikage wasn’t aware this was just a copy of the Bingo Book” the brown haired Shinobi comments, rolling the papers back up and sighing. “What a waste of time and money……He’s going to be annoyed.”

“Well, we haven’t looked at the papers” Tsuka replies flatly, “So how can we know that it was a waste of time and money?”

** Time Skip **

About two weeks later

Ashley’s POV

Cold water splashes beneath my feet as I race across it, the sound echoing strangely in the dark tunnel around me. From behind me and also to my right, I hear two more sets of feet sprinting across the water, Hidan and Kakuzu right on my tail.

“She’s very fast” Kakuzu speaks up from behind, “So make sure you keep focused on her.”

“What do you think I’m doing?” I grumble under my breath as I roll my eyes. “My Kekkei Genkai is activated, we’re not about to lose her any time soon, no matter how fast she is.”