Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 82

Song is Inhumation by Mark Moore - It's a scene setter, so pick when you want to play it :)

Pic of Ashley/Hakuba's Four Tailed form —->

Third Person's POV

Saffire watches on in horror as Naruto and Pain battle down in the huge crater at the centre of the Leaf Village, thick pillars of dust billowing into the air. Naruto, currently being controlled by the Nine Tails, blasts Pain with a ball of chakra, only for the man to counter it with an Almighty Push.

The chakra sphere ricochets into the earth and explodes, shaking the ground tremendously. Saffire cringes as the earth trembles, a sharp pain shooting up her spin as some of the debris below her suddenly shifts. Fang quickly steps over and ducks under the girl's arm, propping her up.

"Thanks Fang" Saffire says quietly, shooting the Wolf an appreciative, yet pained smile. The black and white animal merely nods, her concerned eyes focused on the battle unfolding before them. The very earth itself was being altered, with the combined forces of Pain's and the Kyuubi's attacks smashing through the ground, boulders and debris as if they were nothing.

Saffire hadn't been awake for very long, but she certainly hadn't missed Naruto's sudden transformation into the creature now battling against Pain. She'd never seen him overtaken by his Tailed Beast before, and it made the Minami uneasy. Naruto was supposed to be the one who saved people, not the one who gave into his demon!

While the blonde Shinobi had managed to defeat all of the other Pains, he had been agonisingly subdued by the last one, the Deva Path. Saffire had woken up only seconds before Naruto's body was pierced with numerous metal rods, securing him to the ground in a cruel and painful way.

Hinata had immediately made her way down onto the battlefield to try and save Naruto, only for the girl to be severely beaten and injured by Pain. As she hit the ground, Naruto's demonic chakra had suddenly flared up and within minutes, he had taken on the five tailed form of the Kyuubi.

"That man is powerful" Fang speaks up, ears lying back as Pain deflects another blast of chakra from Naruto. "I'm not sure how he's managing to keep up with Naruto like this....."

Saffire shakes her head, brows creasing with worry. She watches as Naruto throws his head back and screeches angrily, the sharp sound ripping through the air. The blue eyed blonde was no longer visible, his body encased in a thick skin of concentrated chakra and five long tails flicking agitatedly behind him.

"I don't want to alarm anyone" Atsui suddenly speaks up, his uncharacteristically nervous tone causing Saffire to turn her head, "But I think we've got another problem on the way."

"What do you mean Atsui-kun?" Tsumetai asks, his short legs trembling as Naruto roars again. "I think we've got enough trouble right now. I don't want any more!....."

"Yeah but......" Atsui sighs, troubled, before running a hand through his hair. His fuchsia eyes flicker with uncertainty as he raises his other hand and points. "Look over there, at Ashley."

Saffire, Tsumetai and Fan all turn their heads in confusion, only for all of their eyes to widen at the sight of their friend. Saffire is unable to suppress a loud gasp, her heart thumping even harder against her chest. A feeling of apprehension begins to settle in the pit of her stomach, seeing the blonde girl hunched over and trembling.

Black chakra bubbles around Ashley's body, her hair fading into an ebony colour as one tail slowly waves back and forth behind her. Sharp claws protrude out of the girl's fingertips, cracking the concrete below her as she digs them in, knuckles turning white.