Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 83

Music is Bloom by Ryan Farish (I'll let you know when I personally think you should play it :)

Pic of Ashley, Sakura and Hinata (I dunno why, just cuz I can lol) -->

Third Persons POV

Naruto slowly leans up on his elbows, blinking rapidly as he comes to. The blonde sucks in a deep breath as he takes in the devastation around him, smoke billowing high into the sky. He notices large pools of water in the ground, filling the craters that he, Hakuba and Pain had created during their battles.

"Pain..." Naruto murmurs, brows furrowing as the boy pushes himself to his feet. "Gotta find him.....Ashley-chan......I hope she's okay....."

Naruto pauses for a moment, eyes closing as he recalls fighting against the girl's Tailed Beast. He hadn't meant to attack Ashley like that, he really hadn't........But Naruto had been completely consumed by the Kyuubi and had not been moving of his own free will.

It was lucky for Naruto that the Fourth Hokage had sealed some of his own chakra inside the boy, or who knows what could have happened. The Fourth Hokage, who had shockingly informed Naruto that the boy was his own son, had helped Naruto gain back control of the Nine Tails. The man had entrusted Naruto with saving the Leaf Village as well, expressing his honest belief that only his son could do it.

Naruto's confidence had never been higher, thanks to his Father.

Gritting his teeth, Naruto turns on his heel and sprints in the direction Pain and Hakuba had disappeared in, wanting to catch up before the Ten Tails could destroy anything. Not only would Naruto have to stop Pain, but it seemed he was also going to have to try and defeat the powerful Tailed Beast as well.

Hopefully Ashley hadn't lost complete control and she'd be able to help Naruto stop Hakuba before he killed anyone.

"Blue Eyes!" Saffire calls out, wincing as she drops to the ground beside an unconscious Hinata. She watches Naruto vanish into a thick plum of smoke, leaning forwards on her hands and knees with a pained expression.

"I don't think he can hear you from here Saffire" Fang advises, skidding to a halt beside her still injured partner. She gives Saffire a quick once over, to see if the girl is alright. While Fang had been able to heal her, it didn't seem as if the Minami was functioning at one hundred percent yet.

"It's fine" Saffire sighs, dropping her worried gaze down to Hinata, "Let's just hurry up and stabilise Hinata......"

"Of course" Fang replies, using her teeth to hastily unravel the bandages from around her ankles. As soon as the bandages fall to the ground, revealing the light coloured symbols marking her forelimbs, Fang places her front paws on Hinata's chest.

The symbols immediately light up with a soft glow as Fang focuses her chakra, hurrying to keep Hinata's heart from stopping. She'd sustained a lot of damage from her brave assault on Pain, and Fang didn't even know if she'd be able to properly heal the girl. No doubt Hinata would need to go to the hospital after this........If there even was a hospital any more.

Saffire watches on silently as Fang concentrates on her patient, reaching down to take hold of Hinata's hand. She subconsciously strokes the back of Hinata's hand with her thumb, eyes wavering a little.

"This girl....." Saffire murmurs, dropping her gaze, "She knew she wasn't strong enough to save him, yet she still ran out there like that.......Only to end up like this....."