Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 58

Pic of the Three Tailed Beast  --->

Third Person’s POV

“What’s…..What’s going on here?” Ashley wonders out loud, crouching on the edge of a rocky cliff, not too far from the one Tobi had been perched on earlier. “Why are all these Leaf Ninja here?.......And who is that that Lee and Tenten are fighting?”

Ashley’s brows furrow with pure confusion behind her Wolf mask, as she watches Sakura, Hinata, Ino and Shizune standing a top the lake water, their hands all together in the same hand sign. A large dome of shining seals looms over them, with the seal at the highest point flashing a bright red.

A few metres ahead of the four Leaf Kunoichi, Lee and Tenten are battling a tall, purple haired woman clad in a green kimono. She counters their attacks skilfully, sharp blue blades attached to her forearms.

“I can’t believe they’ve got mere children guarding a Sealing as important as this one” the woman taunts, throwing her arm up and blocking a powerful kick from Lee, before forcing him backwards.

The lean Taijutsu user flips over backwards and lands on top of the water easily, rising to his feet and frowning at the purple haired woman.

“I thought the others were meant to take care of this Crystal user….” Tenten growls lowly, as Lee raises his fists, ready to continue fighting to protect the Kunoichi behind him.

“It matters not Tenten” Lee announces determinedly, his frown turning up into a slight grin. “We will be plenty strong enough to take care of her!”

“Crystal user?.....” Ashley murmurs lowly, leaning forwards a little. “What are they talking about? I don’t understand what’s happening here……Hakuba, are you sure the Three Tails is in this lake?”

I can sense it down there in the depths of the water…..’ Hakuba growls darkly, feeling agitated and restless. ‘I know what my own power feels like, and I can feel it in that lake!

“Alright, alright…..” Ashley sighs quietly, before glancing down at Sakura, as Lee and Tenten begin another assault on the green clad woman. “But I still don’t get why the Leaf is here……And that thing…..It kind of looks like some sort of seal, not that I’m exactly an expert on that sort of thing.”

“The Leaf is trying to seal the Three Tails away so no one can get it” a male voice announces from behind Ashley, before someone steps up beside her. “Tobi knows because I heard them say it myself!”

“They’re trying to sealit away?” Ashley repeats out loud, her eyes widening with alarm. “They can’t do that!”

“Hmm?” Tobi asks, looking down at the appalled Ashley and tilting his head. What was she so upset about all of the sudden?

I will not let them seal my power away!’ Hakuba roars angrily, rising to his feet as his tails whip around wildly. ‘I must have my power back! Go and get it for me! Do not let them take it away from me!’

Ashley bites her lip to keep from groaning out loud, placing one hand to the side of her head as Hakuba’s roaring induces a dull ache. She could understand why the Beast was angry, but she didn’t enjoy the pain that came along with that anger. What was she to do?....If she didn’t help the Akatsuki, she wouldn’t get to join and they’d probably try to kill her. But if she didn’t help Hakuba, she’d never hear the end of his raging…..Which scenario was worse?