Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 30

Hey all :) The song on the side, which is Bounce by Nightcore, doesn't have anything to do with the chapter, it just reminds me of Keiji lol.

It's quite high energy I guess you could say :3

Pic of Shimei  --->

(Just coz he so sexy ;P)

Ashley’s POV

I settle back into my new bed with a sigh, sweat dropping and turning my head to the side, as Sakura glares at me, arms crossed and her foot tapping on the tiled floor.

The nurse at the window draws the curtains open, allowing the early morning light to pour into my room and bathe everything in a soft glow.

“Please try not to destroy this room Miss Minami” the nurse sighs, pushing her glasses up her nose and glancing at me. “It costs a lot of money to keep the hospital running, and we can’t really be dealing with-”

“It wasn’t even me though!” I cry, interrupting her and throwing my arms up in frustration. Sakura’s eyes narrow at me, before they slide over to Kakashi Sensei, who is standing suspiciously close to the door. The only exit.

“Of course it wasn’t” the nurse agrees kindly, patting my head. I roll my eyes. She doesn’t believe me, I can tell.

“I forgot” Sakura says lowly, shutting the door as the nurse leaves the room, “Windows in the hospital do tend to just explode without warning.”

“I’m glad you’re finally beginning to understand” I say brightly, ignoring Sakura as she deadpans. The pinkette sighs heavily, her shoulders sagging as she walks over to my bed.

“So, what actually happened?” she questions, raising an eyebrow at me.

“Actually, I’d like to know the answer to that as well” Kakashi Sensei speaks up, earning a glare from me. Why should I tell him anything? He’d gone along with everyone’s assumptions that I’d blown up the wall, just so he wouldn’t get into trouble.

“A friend came to visit me during the night” I explain simply. “She…..got mad at me I guess and tried to attack me-”

“Using the Chidori” Kakashi interrupts, suddenly right next to my bed, watching me carefully. “How did your little friend know my Jutsu?”

“I already told you” I say pointedly, shrugging my shoulders, “I don’t know how she knows the Chidori! But yeah, she used the Chidori, and it blew up the wall. I’m innocent.”

Kakashi stares at me for a few moments, seemingly in thought about something. I shift my gaze uncomfortably, silently praying that he won’t ask me anymore questions about Kohana. Obviously she doesn’t want me to tell him about her, although I’m not sure why. From all the questions she’s asked me about Kakashi, I’d figured she secretly wanted him to know….

“Well” Sakura sighs, placing her hands on her hips and tilting her head, “Even though this is all really fun, I’m going home for a few hours. I’ve been at the hospital all night, and now I’ve got about five hours until I have to be back.”

“You should get some sleep Sakura” I suggest, noting that, despite her fiery attitude, she does seem rather tired.

“Yeah, the other nurses were saying the same thing” Sakura laughs, running a hand through her pink tresses. “I can’t help myself though. There are so many sick and injured patients, I hate leaving them just so I can go and sleep.”