STWF - Road to Ninja - Part 1

Alright, alright, alriiiight. Let's get this movie underway xD

Third Person's POV

"C'mon Mommy and Daddy!" the little girl cries with excitement, running ahead of her parents. "You gotta walk faster!"

The man and woman exchange a look of amusement with each other, before laughing as their daughter turns around and throws her arms in the air.

"Come on, come on!" she urges impatiently, now bouncing up and down.

"What's the rush honey?" the man asks, smiling down at his daughter as she rushes over and takes his hand, tugging on it.

"We gotta get to the park so you can push me on the swings!" the little girl explains, trying to pull her Father along behind her. "It's almost dinner time and I need to go on the swing before we go home!"

"Need to huh?" the Mother teases, taking her husband's free hand as he allows himself to be dragged down the street by his daughter.

"I suppose we could stop at the park" the Father sighs jokingly, "But only if you promise to help Mommy make me a tea when we get home."

"Deal!" the little girl exclaims, looking delighted. "Deal, deal, deal! You gotta push me real high though Daddy!"

"I'll do my best" he replies, closing his eyes and smiling at his wife.

Her legs dangling over a ledge, Ashley watches on from her spot on top of a stone wall, hooded eyes following the happy family as they disappear down the road. She sits with her chin in one hand, elbow resting on her thigh and a blank expression on her face.

'How nice for them' she thinks, feeling slightly bitter at the merry sight. 'To worry about such trivial things and have a family to support you.......Well, how nice for them...'

Sighing under her breath, Ashley looks back towards the front entrance of the Leaf Village, only to see that a small crowd of Ninja have gathered. They talk amongst themselves pleasantly, laughing and enjoying each others company.

Ashley can't help deadpanning at the sight of the Ninja, wondering why all of the sudden families seem to be flaunting themselves in front of her face. Why was it bothering her so much anyway? It hadn't before.

Was it because of the things Tobi had told her? Perhaps it had something to do with Itachi's death? Ashley didn't know why she suddenly felt so empty when she saw people with their families now days, but ever since she'd finally left her house the other day, she'd been trying to avoid them as much as possible.

"Do you think they'll be back soon?" Ashley asks out loud, watching Tsume as she also appears and joins the group of waiting Ninja, Kuromaru at her side.

'I have to say' Hakuba responds smartly, 'I don't care.'

"I've been sitting here for two hours" Ashley complains, leaning back.

'So go back home then' Hakuba suggests, to which the Minami shakes her head.

"I don't want to" she answers.

'Then go and join the others who are waiting.'

"I don't want to do that either" Ashley says, causing Hakuba to growl.

'So what do you want me to do about it then?' he questions in a flat tone. 'You complained and I gave you suggestions, which you are not happy with. I'm tired of your whining brat. Do something....'