Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 54

Pic of Ashley and Kiba --->

Third Person's POV

The young girl takes one step back and lets out a shaky breath, a small puff of air escaping into the icy cold room. The girl is unable to see it however, as all of the lights in the room had suddenly flickered out seconds earlier, leaving her in an inescapable void of blackness.

The girl slowly turns her head to the side, straining to see through the eerie darkness. She feels her heart fluttering a little, despite the fact that she'd spent majority of the last five years in relevant darkness.

This time was different however. She didn't know how it was different, but from the way they'd been talking and the way the wall lanterns had flickered out, the girl just knew. Usually when she was shoved into a dark room, she'd at least get some sort of instruction or explanation, but this time.....

The girl's head suddenly snaps up at a faint scraping sound, her eyes widening. What had made that sound? Even though this was a very large room, filled with thick, concrete pillars, the girl knew she'd been completely alone when the lights had been on. There was no way someone could have come in.....Was there?

Hearing another noise, this one sounding like a creepy moan, the young girl's brows furrow, her breathing still a little too shallow for her liking. She remains still for a moment, seeming to concentrate on something, before she lifts her head and turns it, eyes narrowing at something unseeable.

Suddenly, the girl's eyes change colour, a deep pool of black flooding her fuschia irises. Three blood red tomoe spin lazily amongst the girl's onyx irises, before coming to a stop, as the girl bares her small, sharp teeth in a low growl.

She didn't want to do it, but she couldn't see any other choice right now. They were coming for her, and thanks to her Sharingan, she could now see their erratic chakra clear as day.

Seeing a fuzzy blue silhouette in the shape of a man stumbling towards her at speed, its arms outstretched, the young girl bends her knees and jumps up into the air. She reaches up above her head and interlocks her fingers, before falling back towards the man and slamming her hands down on the top of his head.

He lets out an animal like screech, toppling heavily to the ground as the girl lands on the floor beside him. The sound of the man's head cracking against the hard ground leaves a faint smirk on the girl's face, before she charges forwards, heading for another blue silhouette.

As she runs, the girl flings her arms out to the side and focuses chakra into her hands. A blue aura swiftly forms around her hands, becoming visible in the darkness and forming a sharp point at her finger tips.

As the second man runs towards her, this one able to move without stumbling, the young girl drops to the floor and slides across it. She slides between the man's legs, and as he moves to turn around, the girl briefly places her chakra coated hands on each of his calves.

Immediately the man yells out in agony, his legs beginning to shake violently as he struggles to keep them from buckling, despite his tendons being sliced right through.

Jumping easily to her feet, the girl whirls around and swings out her leg, her left foot cracking into the back of one of her victim's knees. With another shriek of pain, the man falls to the ground with a loud thud, the girl performing swift hand signs behind him.

"Earth Style" the girl mutters in a low, ominous voice, "Stone Column Spear!"

As soon as the words leave her mouth, chakra flowing out into the ground, a small number of jagged, rocky spears shoot up out of the ground. They pierce easily through the bodies of the two downed men, spraying large amounts of blood and soggy flesh through the air. A few small dots of the red liquid splatter against the girl's cheek, though she makes no move to wipe them off. Her smirks merely widens, eyes dragging across the room to spot another visible chakra signature across the room.