Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 64

Sorry this chapter took so long to upload guys. I've been working on it on and off for about a week, just coz I wasn't really sure how to go about it.

I've been struggling to make it interesting, and I'm still a bit ehhhh about it, but I guess I'm satisfied enough to upload it...

Pic of Itachi  --->

Song on the side is a Nightcore version of Bad Apple  --->

Third Person’s POV

“So you don’t even care that you’re hurting your friends?” Naruto asks, changing the subject as he begins to feel a little annoyed.

“What friends?” Ashley sniffs uncaringly, causing Naruto’s hands to ball up into tight fists.

“Do you realise that Kiba broke his ribs and a shoulder when he was trying to help you earlier?” Naruto asks angrily. “He’s still in a lot of pain because of that! He didn’t have to do anything you know.”

“Well, maybe he shouldn’t have bothered!” Ashley retorts nastily, not liking the avenue Naruto is heading down. “It’s not my fault he’s so naïve!”

“He loves you Ashley!” Naruto shouts back, struggling to hold his annoyance and frustration back. “And we all do as well! How can you just throw all of that away so easily? And for what?! Some evil, low life murderers that would kill you in a second if they knew what you were!”

Ashley sighs deeply and closes her eyes, the conversation with Naruto playing in her mind again. Leaning back on her arms with one leg stretched out and one bent, the blonde girl tilts her head back and opens her eyes.

Above her, the sky burns a deep orange colour, as the sun begins dropping towards the horizon. A cool, gentle wind blows through Ashley’s hair, sending a slight shiver up the girl’s spine.

‘They’ll never find out’ the blonde thinks determinedly, before some movement to her left catches her eye.

Turning her head slightly, Ashley spies Deidara standing a top the clay bird next to her, gracefully lowering himself into a sitting position.

He’d been standing up ever since Ashley had defeated the Three Tails a good hour and a half ago, and he’d decided that his legs were getting a little tired.

Turning her head even more, to look behind her, Ashley sees a rope tied to the feet of the bird she’s riding on. Attached to the other end of the rope and being dragged upside down through the water, the Three Tailed Beast lies on its back, unconscious.

It hadn’t so much as moved, even when Ashley and Deidara had tied rope around one of its tails to pull it along behind them.

Lying in the middle of the Three Tails’ purple stomach, Ashley stares at Tobi in distaste for a moment, seeing the tall male lying spread eagle on his back. He hadn’t so much as moved an inch in quite awhile as well. If the blonde didn’t know any better, she’d assume that Tobi had fallen asleep…

“Both of you had better make sure that you don’t get too complacent hm” Deidara suddenly speaks up, catching Ashley’s attention and making her look back over at him. “The Three Tails was only defeated so easily because it doesn’t have a Jinchuuriki host……It has great powers, but not the ability to control them.”