Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 81

Song on the side is called Alone Wolf (It's a mood setter, so I'll advise a good time to start playing it :)

Pic of Ace <3  --->

Third Person's POV

An eerie silence settles over the Village Hidden in the Leaves, the air polluted with a thick, dusty cloud, as Pain silently watches on from above. He turns his head and glances around emotionlessly, taking in the horrible devastation he had created with one powerful attack.

The Village below, usually filled with merry chatter and colourful buildings, had been utterly destroyed, with half of it seeming to have simply vanished from existence. A large crater, right in the middle of Konoha, sits empty and ominous, its vast space void of any life whatsoever.

With one Almighty Push, Pain had managed to force the middle of the Village away in a circular radius, even the earth itself having been too weak to resist the attack. Debris, remains and earth spill through the entrance gates, even tumbling over the high walls around the Village, the wreckage piled high towards the clouds.

Narrowing his eyes a little as something appears down in the crater in a puff of smoke, Pain slowly falls back towards the earth, disappearing into the dusty mess below him.

Down amongst the debris, something suddenly explodes up from below a cracked plaster wall, drilling up through the air and landing in the dirt. Kuromaru, shaking dirt and dust from his fur, turns back to look over his shoulder, relieved to see Tsume climbing up out of the debris behind him.

“Good work Kuromaru” the brown haired woman praises, smirking at her large Ninken. Moving to place a hand on the canine's head, Tsume suddenly pauses, before catching her son's scent and whirling around. Her eyes widen a little as she spots Kiba only a few metres ahead, stuck lying on his back with a heavy, stone pillar on top of him.

An anime vein appears on the side of the boy's head as he lets out a sharp grunt, knees bent and feet placed against the underside of the pillar, trying to push it away.

“Hang on Kiba!” Tsume orders, jumping down from the broken building she's standing on. Before the woman can reach him however, Kiba focuses a more chakra into his legs and releases a shout, powerfully shoving the concrete pillar away and sitting up.

“Heh, that was nothing...” he sighs tiredly, raising one hand to rub the back of his head. He grins as Akamaru trots over, seemingly unharmed despite the amount of dirt in his white fur. Kiba gently ruffles the quietly whimpering animal's fur, face turning serious as he slowly looks around.

Smoke rises from different parts of the ruined Village, a wasteland of what was earlier one of the greatest places around spanning beyond Kiba's view. He begins to shake his head, brows furrowing.

“What happened?” the brunette questions rhetorically, to which Tsume shrugs a shoulder. Realisation suddenly dawns on Kiba and his eyes widen, the boy now looking around in a panic. Where was Ashley?! She hadn't been too far behind him earlier, so he could only hope that meant she was nearby!

Kiba bites his lip, carefully pushing himself to his feet and praying that the Minami had made it out of the chaos unhurt......Or at the very least, alive....

Kiba, Tsume and their Ninken all look over as, about a hundred metres away, a large pile of rubble begins to rise into the air. Dust, ash and shattered glass rain down, as the transformed Tsumetai shakes his fur free of it, revealing a small number of people and animals below him.