Setting the Wolf Free - Ch 87

I told you guys I wasn't dead.

Also, the video attached has nothing to do with this chapter. It's an animation that I made for my Youtube channel and I just wanted to show you guys :3

Third Person's POV

Blood seeps from Sasuke's left eye and slides down his cheek, dripping slowly onto Ashley's wrist as her fingers curl even tighter around his throat.

The Uchiha grits his teeth and glares into the Sharingan eyes of his cousin, a dangerous look on her face that Sasuke had never seen before. She'd always been angry and cold as far as he could remember, but this look......This look of pure hatred that so easily portrayed her want to kill him......

Sasuke had often held that very same expression himself, but he'd never expected to see the same cruel harshness on Ashley's face.

And that chakra surrounding her didn't feel right either. Karin had mumbled about Sasuke's own chakra feeling evil and cold before, but he hadn't understood what she'd meant until now.

Whatever power Ashley was using right now to power herself up, it certainly didn't feel like the kind of power a noble Leaf Shinobi would use. Had she attained this power while working for the Akatsuki? Or was it something that Orochimaru had bestowed upon her years ago? Perhaps a secret she'd kept hidden all this time...

Despite Ashley's dark expression and the aura surrounding her, Sasuke was hardly intimidated. After his lengthy fight with Danzo moments earlier however, the young Uchiha didn't exactly feel up to fighting someone with that look in their eyes.

"Don't make me ask you again Sasuke" Ashley growls, causing the taller boy's eyes to narrow. "Answer me!"

"Don't speak his name" Sasuke retorts angrily, reaching up and grabbing onto Ashley's wrist. "Don't you dare speak his name. You don't have the right!"

"And you didn't have the right to kill him" the Minami snaps right back, roughly slamming Sasuke's back against the damaged stone wall he'd just collided with. "So maybe now, I'll get to be the avenger, huh Sasuke? Allow me to avenge Itachi-kun!"

"You speak about him with so much love" Sasuke scoffs, smirking coldly at Ashley, "Yet you don't even know the real story about him. If you did, you'd know that I'm not the one you should be killing!""

"I don't need to hear it to know that you deserve to die for what you've done!" Ashley thunders back, furious.

The black chakra surrounding her skin immediately begins to bubble, a second tail forming behind the girl. Sasuke's smirk drops as he feels a stinging sensation around his neck, Ashley's chakra beginning to burn him.

"What is this chakra?" the Uchiha asks through gritted teeth. "And why do you look......just like him now....."

Ashley doesn't respond, too enraged by the loss of her beloved older cousin to care about what Sasuke has to say anymore.

Hakuba had seen Ashley's pain, perhaps even felt some of it, and he'd been willing to offer his power to the Minami. Despite not wanting to help Ashley down a path of revenge, Hakuba also didn't like to see her feeling the way news of Itachi's death had caused her to feel. Perhaps some obstacles in life needed to be destroyed, rather than merely stepped around...