Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 78

Song on the side is Amazing Grace by Brian Crain  --->

(Play it whenever you like, but it IS meant to be a mood setter, so pick your moment haha xD)

Pic of Ashley --->

Ashley's POV

"Did you need some help there Angel?"

"No, I'm......I'm fine."

"You sure? Looks like you're struggling a bit."

"......I can do it."

"...........I think you should just let me take it off for you."

"I can take it off myself!"

There is an awkward pause as I growl in annoyance, tugging at the material. I can feel Kiba staring at the back of my head, probably smirking at my predicament. Ass.

"Huhhhhhhhh......." I eventually sigh in irritation, dropping my arms down to my sides and allowing my shoulders to slump. "Great. I think I got it caught in my hair."

"Want me to pull it off for you now?" Kiba asks teasingly, stepping closer to me and tilting his head to the side.

"........Fine" I mutter begrudgingly, crossing my arms as I turn to face the now chuckling brunette, my mouth pulled down into a faint scowl. I huff a little as I feel Kiba's hands go to my head, trying to free the loose end of my bandages from my hair. He tugs at it gently, almost immediately undoing the mistake I'd made.

"To be fair" I state flatly, arms still crossed, "I can't see what I'm doing."

"Nice try" Kiba snorts, probably rolling his eyes as he carefully begins to unwind the bandages from my face. "That Kekkei Genkai of yours practically lets you see even with these things covering your eyes."

".....Dammit...." I sigh again, sounding defeated, to which Kiba laughs.

I've been home for a good five days now, and in all honesty, I'm starting to feel a lot more like my old self again, despite my lack of vision. Kiba has been taking surprisingly good care of me, keeping on top of my medication and helping me change my bandages every day. While I'm still a little bruised, I can feel that my physical injuries are healing nicely and I've even been able to sleep thanks to Kiba staying with me.

I'm not really sure how to thank the Inuzuka for his help. I mean, in the beginning I didn't even think he had it in him to take care of me properly, but he's certainly surprised me. He's even been the one dragging me to see Lady Tsunade or Shizune every day to give them an update on my recovery. I had no idea he could be so responsible.

"Alright Angel" Kiba speaks up, his voice bringing me back into reality, "Make sure you keep your eyes closed for a moment. It's pretty sunny out today, so the sudden light might hurt your eyes if they've healed."

"Thanks for the warning" I say dryly, a faintly amused yet nervous smile on my face as I feel the last of the bandages glide away from my face, leaving only the fluffy gauze covering my eyes.

I can't help feeling uncertain as I gently place my hands on top of the gauze, my heart beating a littler harder against my chest.

We'd done this same routine every morning since I left the hospital, removing my bandages to put more eyedrops in, and every time I was hopeful that maybe I'd be able to see again. While I'm able to use my Kekkei Genkai to get around, it's tiresome and a complete pain in the ass to have it activated all day, every day. I miss being able to see things.....The sky, the grass.....The faces of my friends.....I just want it all back. Hopefully today is the day!