STWF - Road to Ninja - Part 3

Thank you for your patience with my lack of uploading everyone. I work full time and run my own business on the side, so I unfortunately don't often have time for writing these days.

I was going to make this chapter longer, but surely 15 pages on Word is enough for now?

Enjoy :)

Ashley shifts her weight to one foot and folds her arms over her chest, staring down at Sakura with an unimpressed expression on her face as the pinkette speaks with a small group of children. One of them politely asks if he can shake her hand, while onlookers nod their approval and watch Sakura with admiration in their eyes.

It had been like this all morning. Everywhere they went, people wanted to stop and speak with Sakura, or offer her a gift, or shake her hand. Sakura was basking in the attention too, an attitude which was really beginning to tick Ashley off.

While Naruto and Ashley had been having a much less than pleasant time, it almost seemed as if Sakura thought she was on holiday or something. She was acting as if Madara hadn't done anything to them and this was all perfectly normal.

"This is so cool!" one of the little boys crowding around Sakura cries happily. "When I grow up, I wanna be just like you Sakura! What can I do to be like you?"

"Lose your temper at everything" Ashley says rudely, earning herself a flat look from Sakura and blank ones from all of the children.

"No, that's you Ashley" Sakura responds, before looking back to the kids with a smile. "You need to study hard, train hard and if you've got the determination and will to fight, you're all set!"

"Awesome!" the children all cheer, throwing their arms up in the air.

"I swear I'll work really hard!" the little boy promises, as he and the other kids all turn to leave. "Thanks Sakura and goodbye!"

"I know you can do it!" the pinkette calls out, waving to the kids as she rises to her feet.

"......You're enjoying this whole situation, aren't you?" Naruto asks rhetorically, raising one eyebrow.

"No" Sakura immediately responds, sounding indignant as she turns away from Naruto. "I most certainly am not! I'm merely playing the part of the child of heroes so I don't look out of place."

"No?" Naruto asks sarcastically, looking rather irritated. "Not at all?"

Ashley can't help rolling her eyes as the indignant expression drops from Sakura's face, the girl now sweat dropping.

"Well, maybe a little...." Sakura admits, trying not to meet Naruto's accusing gaze. "I mean, it doesn't look like there are any big threats to deal with right this second. It's not really that bad once you get used to it you know."

"Says you" Ashley growls, scowling. "You're getting everything you want here. Me and Naruto have nothing here!"

"Yeah, you've totally forgotten about everything Sakura!" Naruto shouts, throwing his arms up, a look of comical fury etched onto his face. "This entire place is just a fake world that Madara sent us to! We're trapped here!"

"Of course, I know that!" Sakura argues, bringing up her hands in defense. "I was just saying-"

"The point is that I'm not staying!" Naruto thunders, causing Sakura to duck.

The blonde male then whirls around and begins stomping away from his two teammates, anger practically radiating from his body.

"Wait!" Sakura calls, though she sounds a little hesitant now. "Where are you going?"