Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 31

Okay, so I tried not to do a cliffhanger this time, since I apparently write them all the time :P Hey, if it keeps you coming back......

Also, sorry, I was going to upload a bit earlier today, but I kind of got side tracked........Watching live Jon Bon Jovi concerts on YuoTube xP Sue me, I LOVE Bon Jovi!!.....Anyway.......ENJOY! :D

Pic of Ace <3  --->

Ashley’s POV

I drop my eyes down to my blanket and rub my arm awkwardly, not really sure what to say to Kiba. I mean, I haven’t seen him for over a week now, and the last time I did see him, he was glaring at me like I was the most disgusting thing he’d ever seen……Judging by the look on his face, he’s not too happy about being in the same room as me. I suppose I wouldn’t be too happy about being stuck in the same room as someone I thought was a monster either……

Tenten looks between me and Kiba anxiously, her brown eyes troubled. Sakura remains in the doorway, arms tightly crossed over her chest. The way she’s glaring so intensely at the back of Kiba’s head, I’m just waiting for sparks to begin shooting from her eyes. Ino pulls a face, not liking the sudden tension in the air, before rising from her seat and lifting her hand into the air.

“Oh hey Kiba!” she greets awkwardly, waving her hand and giving him a strained closed eye smile. “How are you today?”

Kiba responds with silence, turning his head slightly and glowering at Ino. He’s clearly not in a friendly mood. Ino pauses, sensing the killing intent being sent her way, as her smile slowly fades and she drops her hand, looking between me and Sakura helplessly.

I glance up at Kiba sadly, as he slowly turns his head back to look at me. As his narrowed eyes land on me, my heart skips a beat and I quickly drop my eyes back down to the blanket. I may not have done anything wrong, but I just can’t meet his gaze for some reason. Maybe it’s because I’ve never seen such an intense look in his eyes….Maybe it’s because I can’t stand to see the look on his face when he looks at the monster he thinks I am….Or maybe it’s because I love him and don’t want to see the disgust reflecting in his eyes…..

“I’m out” Kiba suddenly growls, his voice sounding harsh and rough, something that makes me cringe. I’ve never heard him speak so coldly, especially when I’m around. He really mustn’t have liked what he saw the day I attacked Sora…

I close my eyes, remaining silent as Kiba whirls around on his heels and stalks towards the door, obviously in a hurry to leave. I may love Kiba, but if he hates me so much, I’m not going to stop him from going.

“Now hold it!” Sakura barks, stomping her foot and blocking Kiba’s path with her body, “You’re not going anywhere you idiot! You’re gonna stay right here and talk to her!”

I glance up, only to see Sakura jabbing her hand at me, glaring hard up at Kiba’s face. He glares right back, neither of them blinking for about a minute, before his shoulders slump slightly. He shoves his hands into his pockets and turns away from my pink haired friend, eyes hooded. He angrily blows a few stray strands of hair from his eyes, leaning his back against the wall and glaring at the floor.

I gaze at him wistfully, tilting my head to the side. I’ve really missed him, despite the asshole-ish way he’s acting right now. Is he really this mad because I’m a Jinchuuriki? I just don’t get it…..Everyone else that knows still likes me….So why doesn’t he?