Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 36

Pic of Nobu  --->

Ashley’s POV

I bend my knees as Nobu reaches down into the large weapons pouch strapped to her thigh, her violet eyes glaring at me.

“You’re gonna regret making fun of us!” she announces irritably, as her shaggy haired teammate also reaches into his weapons pouch.

“Throwing things at me isn’t going to do much” I scoff, placing my hands together in a hand sign. “Child’s play.”

Nobu scowls, bringing her hands up and revealing two handfuls of razor sharp shuriken. I feel Neji tense beside me, when Takishimaru brandishes two kunai at us, bending his knees as if to launch himself forwards.

“This is a bad idea Ashley” Neji mutters, glancing at the crowd of people bustling around us. “People could get hurt.”

“I’ll finish this before any of them can get hurt” I boast, to which Nobu growls and moves to swing her arm forwards. As soon as I feel the muscles in her arm tense, I leap towards her. As soon as I leave the ground however, I feel arms wrap around my waist and I am tackled heavily to the ground.

Oof!” I grunt as my back hits the hard earth, before I lean my head back and inhale sharply. I hadn’t been expecting that tackle, and it sort of knocked the breath out of me.

“Hey!” I hear Nobu cry indignantly. “Why can’t I move?! Takishimaru, help me!”

“I would Nobu” comes the dismal reply, “But I can’t move either…”

“What?!”

I suddenly feel the weight on top of me lift, allowing me to breathe properly again. Lifting my head, I come face to face with an unimpressed brown haired man. He frowns down at me, before rising to his feet offering me his hand.

Narrowing my eyes slightly, I jump to my feet and dust myself off, ignoring the hand he had extended down to me. He’s the one that tackled me to the ground, so I don’t need his help getting back up.

“You shouldn’t be fighting out here where innocent people can get hurt” someone sighs, making me turn my head to the left. I blink a couple of times, seeing Shikamaru kneeling down on one knee, hands together in a familiar hand sign. Looking beneath him, I see a dark shadow stretching from his feet and attaching itself to the shadows beneath the two Stone Ninja.

I can’t help grinning, to which Shikamaru rolls his eyes. He’d caught them both in his Shadow Possession Jutsu.

Exactly!” the man who had tackled me barks, glaring between me and the two Stone Ninja. “Save it for the Tournament! I’m a Grass Village Jonin, and it’s my job to ensure the safety of our Villagers and visitors. Do you want to be disqualified before the Tournament even begins?!”

“I didn’t think so” the man continues when his question is met with silence. “I’ll let you off with a warning this time, but if I catch any of you fighting in the street again, there’ll be trouble. Now, get out of here!”

Oooohhh, big scary man” I mumble sarcastically, rolling my eyes when Neji roughly shoves me in the back, wanting to get me away from the man before I get into any more trouble.

“You’re such a drag sometimes Ashley” Shikamaru sighs, releasing his Jutsu and rising to his feet. He places his hands in his pockets and glances down at me wearily. “But I’m glad you’re on our side at least.”