Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 53

Pic of Ashley in her casual outfit  --->

Not to brag, but I really like her hoody/shirt thing lol. Yes, I drew the picture myself ;)

Third Person’s POV

Kakashi shoves his hands further into his pockets, a slight shiver going up his spine as a cold breeze blows through the night air. It usually wasn’t so cold at night this time of year but of course, the one night Kakashi decides to stay out is the coldest one in a long time.

Ever since Kakashi had seen Ashley with that little girl, Kohana if he remembered correctly, in the hospital quite awhile ago, he’d been very suspicious of the two of them. How could such a little girl know one of Kakashi’s original Jutsu? The only person he’d taught a Lightning Style Jutsu to was Sasuke, and that was only the Chidori. Kohana was using the more powerful and complex version, Lightning Blade.

Not to mention the young girl’s strange attitude when Kakashi was around. Unless Kohana was just like that all the time, but Kakashi found the silvery haired girl’s nervous demeanour a little strange, especially seeing as she’d just been fighting and acting rather normal with Ashley.

And speaking of the blonde, why had she suddenly taken off with Kohana earlier? Kakashi had seen that the young girl was upset, and then she and Ashley had disappeared. What was going on with them? Was Ashley hiding something from him?

Kakashi sighs as another cold breeze blows; the man’s back resting against the chimney rising up from the roof he’s standing on. His student certainly did act strange whenever Kohana was around…

Hearing the soft click of a door opening, Kakashi’s head snaps up, before he abruptly drops down into a crouched position. Normally he would have picked a better hiding spot than being on top of a roof, but it was a cloudy night and he was very well concealed in the darkness.

Watching the door carefully from his high vantage point, Kakashi sees Ashley poke her head out, slowly glancing in all directions. He thinks he sees the blonde frown for a moment, before she quickly ducks back inside her house, closing the door behind her.

“What are you doing up so late Ashley?” Kakashi murmurs to himself, his voice a little hoarse from the cold wind. “Can’t sleep perhaps?....”

Kakashi trails off, as the front door of Ashley’s house slowly opens once again and Kohana steps out into the street, looking around cautiously. She is followed out by a large white Wolf, which Kakashi recognises as one of Ashley’s partners, Rei.

The silver haired Jonin’s eyes narrow slightly as Ashley also steps out of the house, closing the door behind her quietly and gazing around, before taking hold of Kohana’s hand and walking right, or, Kakashi’s left. Noting Ashley’s brisk pace and the suspicious way she keeps looking around, Kakashi decides to push up his headband and reveal his usually hidden Sharingan eye.

While he had no trouble seeing in the dark, Kakashi had no doubt that Ashley’s Katsuryoku was activated, and he didn’t want to move quickly and alert the girl that he was following her. Using his Sharingan to keep track of her chakra signature would be very helpful if he actually ended up losing sight of her.

“Let’s see where the three of you are heading….” the Jonin mutters, waiting until Ashley and the others disappear around a corner, before flipping down from the roof and landing silently on the ground.

As silent as a shadow, Kakashi glides over the ground easily, reaching the corner Ashley had turned at and pressing his back against the wall. He slowly peeks around the corner, only to see Ashley tugging Kohana down the road, Rei trotting quickly behind them.