Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 38

The video on the side doesn't have anything to do with Stwf, but I just think it proves that every single Naruto character is very cool for their own reasons xP

Pic of Shin and Fuisuke from the Mist Village  --->

Just so you know, Shin is pronounced as Sheen ;)

Ashley’s POV

Before I can even react, Kyoku spins around and kicks her foot out, smashing the rock easily and spraying hundreds of tiny rock fragments all over me. I give her a deadpan look as a pebble drops onto my head, to which Kyoku gives me a closed eye smile.

“Oops” she says sheepishly, twirling a long strand of blue hair around her finger, “I think I used too much chakra for that one…”

I roll my eyes and turn back to my rock wall, ignoring the sounds of other rock walls exploding as my fellow competitors attack them. Why did Kyoku even need to use her chakra? This was going to be a piece of cake!

I clench my right hand into a fist and pull it backwards, before throwing it forwards and smashing my knuckles against the thin rock wall. As my hand hits the rock, I freeze, my eyes widening.

OWWW!” I shout, wrenching my hand back as the wall crumbles to the ground, shaking it around and trying to stop myself from shouting out any curse words. I don’t think Lady Tsunade would count swearing my head off as representing the Village well….

I throw my hand into my mouth, glaring over at Kyoku as she begins laughing to herself, covering her mouth with her hand. I don’t know why she’s bothering really. I can see her laughing at me….

‘Note to self’ I think wryly, looking down at my throbbing hand, “always use chakra when punching rocks….’

“And that’s time up contestants!” Areki’s cheerful voice suddenly rings through the arena, as the destroyed rocks before us disappear back into the ground. “And it seems that everyone was able to break through the first rock wall, which is fantastic! If our Earth Style Ninja could please create some more, we’ll begin Stage Two!”

We all watch the Ninja perform the hand signs for their Earth Style: Mud Wall Jutsu, as two centimetre thick walls of earth suddenly slide up out of the ground in front each contestant.

“And Stage Two of the Strength Round will begin in three…..two….one, go!” Areki shouts excitedly, causing the crowd to begin cheering wildly. Scowling at the rock in front of me, I step back and focus a small amount of chakra into my right foot. My hand still hurts from my stupid mistake before, so I’m opting for a kick this time. And besides, I can kick harder than I can punch anyway…..I think…

Jumping forwards, I kick the rock wall with the force of someone with a serious vendetta, causing it to burst into hundreds of tiny pieces. I place my foot back down and throw my hands on my hips, gazing at my destroyed rock with triumph. Stupid rock, thinking it could defeat me

Glancing around at the other contestants, I see that white haired Mist Ninja, Fuisuke, standing with his arms crossed and his eyes closed. Before him are the sad remains of what used to be a large plank of wood, though it’s been completely obliterated. Not too far from him, I see Chirin pounding on her rock wall over and over again with frustration, her cheeks red from the effort.

“This is too haarrdd!” she complains, finally giving up and pouting, crossing her arms across her chest in a huff.

“Ha!” Ita smirks, spinning around and slamming her rock wall with a powerful kick, causing the top half of it to break apart. “That’s what she said!”