Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 55

Hey guys, SORRY FOR BEING GONE FOR SO LONG!!! My new job is CRAZY busy, and like I said, I have to work some Saturdays, so I don't have much time anymore :/

Also, for the past few weeks, my internet has been stuffing up and not working, so that's been SUPER fun to deal with.......

Anyway, make sure to read the bold writing at the end of the chapter! :3

Just coz I feel like it, a pic of Naruto and Kiba <3  --->

Ashley’s POV

How wise of you’ Hakuba says sarcastically, sounding aggravated. ‘Just when I think you’ve begun to smarten up, you run to these Akatsuki people. I thank you for risking my life, you stupid little brat.’

I remain silent and close my eyes, holding in an irritated sigh. Hakuba has been snapping at me for a good two hours now, and my silence doesn’t seem to be putting him off at all. However, he is not the reason that I’m feeling ready to scream. That idiot Tobi hasn’t shut up once. I’m seriously beginning to consider pushing him off of Deidara’s Owl.

“So Masked Lady-chan?” Tobi addresses me for the hundredth time, poking me in the back. “Where are you from? How come you wanna come and be one of us? Why are you wearing that mask? How do you get your hair so shiny? Seriously, look at it Deidara Senpai! It’s so shiny shiny…..Wheeeee!”

I visibly flinch as Tobi flicks my hair up, seeming to enjoy himself while it flies out behind me. Deidara also lets out an annoyed grunt, subtly glancing back over his shoulder as my hands ball into fists.

“Would you stop touching me?” I growl lowly, turning my head and glowering at Tobi, though he obviously can’t see my face underneath my mask. “Do it again, and I’m going to throw you off of this bird. Got it?”

“Eep!” Tobi squeaks, throwing up his hands and scooting backwards in a panic. “Sorry Masked Lady-chan!” Tobi apologises childishly, “I’m sorr-EEEEEEEEE!”

I can’t help sweat dropping as Tobi falls over backwards, tumbling down the Owl’s back and rolling right off of it. He somehow manages to grab onto the bird’s tail however, his feet kicking wildly as tears stream from the tiny eye hole in his orange mask.

“Help me Deidara Senpai!” Tobi calls in distress, his Akatsuki cloak billowing in the wind. “Help me!”

“Help yourself hm” Deidara mutters, shaking his head and turning to glance at me. “I’m sick of hearing that idiot calling you the Masked Lady hm. So, what’s your actual name?”

“Ashley” I reply shortly, eyeing Tobi and wondering whether I should help him off of the bird. I’ve only just met Tobi, and I’m already wondering how someone like him got to join the Akatsuki in the first place. He’d probably be better off in a day-care, rather than a criminal organisation.

“What, don’t you have a last name hm?” Deidara chuckles, his blue eye glittering with amusement as I frown at him.

“Don’t you?” I shoot back, causing the blonde male to pause for a moment.

“Are you always going to be difficult?” he eventually asks me, raising an eyebrow.

“Probably” I say with a smirk, crossing my arms. “I find that being difficult really works in my favour most of the time.”