Setting the Wolf Free - Ch 86

Pic of Ashley and Sasuke  --->

Third Person's POV

Ashley and Shikamaru walk beside each other in silence, their pace slow. The Nara stares ahead through hooded eyes, only to glance at the blonde girl beside him every now and then. It was rather strange for her to be so quiet and while Shikamaru could understand that she wasn't exactly happy about Danzo's plans for Sasuke, he still couldn't help worrying a little.

Hopefully she wasn't being so quiet because she was planning anything......Shikamaru may consider her a friend, but that didn't mean he wasn't aware of how rash she could be. Especially when her loved ones were involved.

Ashley sighs quietly, briefly closing her eyes before opening them and turning her head to the left, away from Shikamaru. She wasn't looking forward to speaking with Sakura and Naruto. They were going to go ballistic, and then Ashley would have to try and calm them both down....

"So, do you think they'll try and hit me when I tell them?" Shikamaru asks, his voice bringing Ashley out of her own thoughts.

"Sakura might" the Minami warns, shrugging a shoulder. "Naruto will probably just try to get past you so he can speak to this Danzo guy himself or something."

"I don't know much about this Danzo" Shikamaru admits, "But if he's so willing to dispose of Sasuke that he'll overlook Lady Tsunade's promise, I doubt he'll listen to Naruto."

"I agree" Ashley says simply, before sighing once again. Why couldn't Lady Tsunade just wake up so this Danzo guy would go away and not become the Hokage?

Shikamaru and Ashley fall into sombre silence once again, with the blonde struggling not to drag her feet.

Hearing that Sasuke was going to be classified as a rogue Ninja was hard enough, but having to tell Sakura and Naruto as well? Even Ashley wasn't brave enough for that. She wouldn't have to say it directly, but everyone knew what it meant to be labelled a rogue. Danzo may as well have dug Sasuke's grave and pushed him into it.

"Here's Lady Tsunade's tent" Shikamaru speaks up after a few more minutes of walking. "Sakura is usually in here when she's not tending to-"

Shikamaru pauses with his hand outstretched towards the tent flap, brows furrowing slightly as he hears a voice.

"He told me not to tell you" the voice admits calmly, "Because he didn't want you to worry...........He went to ask the Raikage to forgive Sasuke, though I personally don't think anything will come of it....."

"Why would he do that?!" Sakura demands to know, her voice easily recognisable. "Isn't Kakashi with him?!"

Outside the tent, Ashley's eyes widen in realisation. They were talking about Naruto! But why would he be going to see the Raikage? What on earth did he have to do with Sasuke?

"Kakashi has faith in Naruto" the calm voice, undoubtedly Sai's, responds. "I believe he wanted to give Naruto a chance, even if it is pointless."

"I don't understand why the Raikage has anything to do with this" Ashley grumbles, sounding frustrated by her confusion. "Why is Naruto trying to find him to apologise? What did Sasuke even do to him?"

Here Shikamaru glances over his shoulder at Ashley, a conflicted expression on his face. The Minami girl sees his look and straightens up, a scowl slowly making its way onto her face.