[What's Up Doc?] || Yeosang

People wonder how could you, someone who isn't necessarily fond with children, be dating a pediatrician. That is a question you yourself can't answer but yet here you are. You probably wouldn't have met if you didn't have to bring your niece to the doctor. Your niece needed to get her shots and her parents were both busy so they asked if you can take her. As much as you wanted to say no, you had a soft spot for her so you agreed.

You arrived at the doctor's office and signed in. You took in your surroundings, hoping this is the first and last time you'll ever be in this place. You turned your attention back to your niece as she was trying to reach for someone. You follow where her arms are reaching and see that the doctor is checking the clipboard to see who his next patient is. He calls your niece's name and she lets out a little squeal, answering his call. You make eye contact with the doctor as you stand up and you were amazed by his beauty. He reaches out his hand for you to shake.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Kang. I see this little cutie has to get her shots today." You two shake hands and then he coos at her.

"I'm ____, and yes my niece needs them. Although I'm not sure how you'll do it. She doesn't really like to sit still."

"I've had my fair share of antsy kids so I think I'll be okay."

He leads the way to the room and you place your niece down on the bed. He goes through the basic checkup and then preps for her shots. Your niece sensed that she was about to get them because she started to get a bit teary eyed. Dr. Kang whips around, holding up a bunny shaped doll.

"This will usually do the trick so let's try it." He says to you, handing you the doll.

You stand on the right side while the doctor stands on the left. You distract your niece, having the bunny bounce around and the doctor gives her the first shot in her leg. He immediately massages the spot and gave her a sticker. You two switch sides and repeat the process.

"I can't believe I doubted you Doc, you really did it." You hold your niece but she tries to reach for the doctor. "I also think she's got a liking for you."

"Now this is unexpected."

Your niece starts to get fussy and once she's in the doctor's arms, she calms down quickly.

"I'm going to have a hard time bringing her home to her parents, aren't I?"

"Possibly."

You ask the doctor for his first name and he tells you it's Yeosang. Your niece lets out a "yeo!" and you two start to laugh.

"Honey, we need to go. Now say bye bye to the doctor."

"Bunny."

You furrowed your eyebrows, wondering why she said that instead of goodbye. She wanted the bunny doll from earlier and Yeosang gave it to her.

"Won't you need it for your other patients?"

"They're easy to make so I can always do another one."

"Now what do you say to the nice doctor?" You say to your niece, wanting her to thank him. She said something that resembled a thank you and Yeosang led the way out of the room. He handed your niece over to you. You thanked him and you were ready to head out before he called out your name.

"Oh ____, before you go."

"Yes?" You turn around, watching him walk up to you again.

"I was wondering if you were free at around 7 tonight?"

"I should be, why?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to get dinner with me? You don't have to if you don't want to, of course."

You were taken aback, surprised by him asking you out. Seeing him at work with your niece didn't necessarily sway your view on children but that didn't mean that you didn't think he was cute.

"You got yourself a date, Doc." You smile at him and he returns the smile. He then fishes for his phone so you can put your number in. Realizing that your hands are full, you recite your number to him. He then calls your phone so you have his number.

"So I'll see you after work?"

"See you after work."

You finally say your goodbyes, your niece waving bye to everyone in the waiting room. If it weren't for your niece and her parents being busy, you wouldn't have gotten your date which led to so much more.