[Reliving The Past] || Kun

Qian Kun. A name you haven't seen in years. Even though he was a little bit older than you, the two of you were the best of friends. You were once neighbors and went to the same school. When your parents decided to move, you unfortunately had to leave Kun behind. You both kept in contact at first but the letters being sent and received started to get smaller and smaller and it eventually came to a halt.

After all these years, he would still cross your mind. You're now a university student and you were going to be taken a eastern history class, mainly Asian history. Since it was your first semester, your schedule was made for you. You arrived to class early and found a seat. You went through your notifications and you would occasionally look up to see different students. The next time you look up, you see someone who appears to be the teacher step in the classroom. He stood tall and proud and radiated confidence. His tortoise printed glasses sit perfectly on his face but the eyes behind it looked familiar. You weren't sure how but then again you could be wrong. Once it was time for class to start, the professor started to talk, which was a bad time to take a sip of water.

"Hello class! Welcome to eastern history class. I'm your professor Qian, but you can call me professor Kun as well."

You swallowed your water too quickly and processed to have a coughing fit. You gestured to the door, asking to exit and Kun being concerned, let you step out. You sit on a bench in the hallway clutching your phone and water bottle. You then walk to the bathroom to splash some water on your face. After all this time, you never thought you would see Kun again as your teacher. Then again, he did mention at one point that he wanted to teach so you were insanely proud of him to get to that goal. You took a deep breath, took a small sip of your water and went back to the classroom.

"Are you feeling better now?"

You smiled because even as kids, he still had that parental concern.

"Yes professor, I'm fine. I just drank my water too quickly but I'm all good now."

"Okay that's good. Since everyone else went around and introduced themselves, it leaves you to be the last one. You can give us your name and anything else that you want to share."

"I'm ___, and I typically don't drink my water that fast as we saw earlier."

Everyone in the class let out a laugh. After that, Kun passed out the syllabus and went over the course for the semester. After people asked their questions, he dismissed the class. You stayed behind, wanting to talk to him. You wanted to know if he had forgotten about you but you had hope that he does remember you.

"Hellp professor! I'm really looking forward to your class."

"Well ____, you always were a history buff."

"You remember me?"

"How could I forget? I'm so sorry that I stopped responding to your letters. It was never my intention but I guess I let everything get in the way."

"It's alright. I'm just glad to know that you're doing well. You always wanted to be a teacher and now look at you, you're a college professor."

"I'm up in the big leagues."

"As you rightfully deserve to be. Also I hope you know that you're helping me study for the exams."

"I can't show favoritism you realize that right?"

"It's not favoritism if I always go to your office hours."

"Fair enough. Are you done for the day by any chance?"

"I am, actually. Why do you ask?"

"You want to get lunch? You know, make up for lost time?"

"I would love that. Although let's go somewhere far from campus so people don't think we're having an affair or something."

"Good call."

You ended at a restaurant that was a little bit past downtown and close to Kun's residence. You both caught each other up to speed and it felt really nice to have your best friend back. Even though, you'll have to be cordial with him at school, it doesn't matter to you because he worked hard for that title.