[Just A Bet] || Taehyung

You thought he was one. You thought he would be the one you would end up growing old with. He was your sunshine on a cloudy day. A reason that made your life extra worth while.

Sadly, he didn't feel the same way.

To him, you were just an accessory. To him, you were just a fool to fall for his act. He pretended to care about you. All those kisses and loving words meant nothing to him but meant the world to you.

You only knew about this sick joke of his when you overheard him on the phone. You went to surprise him at his apartment with a gift because you saw something that reminded you of him. Since you knew where the spare key was, you unlocked the door and snuck inside to give him his sweet surprise. You peeked and saw him in the living room. You were about to tiptoe inside but then his next few words made you freeze.

"Is the bet almost over? I'm not sure if I can keep this up."

You started to wonder what kind of bet he was apart of. Your thoughts were cut short when he responded to whoever was on the phone with, "They still don't know. Can you believe how oblivious they are?"

You dropped the gift onto the floor in shock and he turned around to your shocked expression. He tells the person on the phone that he has to go and hangs up.

"How did you get in?"

"This was all some sick joke huh? Using me for arm candy?"

"Listen I'm-"

"Save it, you know you're not sorry. I was just a bet even though you knew how I felt about you."

He really did know because you had the biggest crush on him. Everyone knew about it, including him and his friends. That's when the bet was born. He gave you false hope by 'reciprocating' your feelings.

"I wish you didn't find out like this."

You looked at him, searching for any genuine emotion but being the actor he is, it's hard to tell.

"Yeah so I wouldn't have wasted my money on that gift."

His eyes followed to the bag that fell on the floor. You picked up the bag and walked over to him, giving him the gift.

"Who would've thought that the best few months were all a lie?"

He hesitated to take the bag from you. You insisted because there's no one else who would want it but him. You turned away and left his apartment before saying, "Thanks for nothing Taehyung."

As he stared at his front door, he thought about the scene that just happened. He then turned his attention to the bag and looked inside. Inside was film for his camera and on the box you left a post it note saying, "For my favorite artist."

Taehyung started to feel guilty because you showed him so much love and affection and he treated you miserably. There was no point for him to go and find you because you wouldn't take his apology. All he could do was continue to live his life while you had to pick up the pieces again.