[In The Heat of the Summer] || Open Choice

Based on the song above
------------------------------------------------

You and your next door neighbor have always wanted to go on a roadtrip ever since you saw it in the movies. Now that you both have your licenses, you embarked on the long awaited trip. Little did they know that you have had a crush on them since you were kids. As typical as it sounds, you didn't have this crush when you were younger but as you got older, you realized how cute they are. You hope that you can enjoy this roadtrip without your feelings getting in the way.

You doubled checked to see if you had everything. Even though you were driving two towns over, you still wanted to make sure that you had more than enough of whatever you needed. After you were sure everything was in order, you and your neighbor took off and begun the trip. You two both took turns choosing the music and making stops to either eat or use the bathroom.

The sun was starting to set and you were driving on the highway. Since it was your turn for the aux cord, you decided to play a more relaxed song. You being in the passenger, you thought maybe now would be a good time to hint your feelings toward your neighbor through a song. You scrolled until you found the perfect song. The song poured through the speakers as you leaned back in the seat, watching the scenery outside your window. You didn't notice yourself singing along to the song. As they were driving towards the upcoming exit, they would steal glances at you. Once they parked the car infront of a random restaurant, they focused all of their attention on you. You turned and faced them as well. You sang the next lines directly to them.

"In the heat of the summer, you're so different from the rest."

You shyly reached for their hand which they gratefully accept. You two stared into each other's eyes as the song played in the background. They saw how the sunset reflected the colors onto your skin and it made you look heavenly to them. The contrast of the neon lights made it look like you had a glowing aura around you. You couldn't feel each other's heart beats but they were beating fast for each other. Neither of you has said a word and the next song already started to play.

Suddenly, you softly muttered the words, "I like you." They respond to your confession by kissing the back of your hand and saying, "I like you too. Always have and always will." You both smiled at each other and you started to giggle. You never thought that they would reciprocate the feelings but here we are. You went in the diner and had your first date with them. You started the road trip as childhood friends and neighbors, but now you're halfway through the trip as lovers.