[Christmas Spirit] || Hongjoong

Based on the prompt above
-----------------------------------------------

No one loved the Christmas season more than your boyfriend, Hongjoong. You, however, didn't necessarily see all the hype for the holiday but whatever gave you time off was a favorite of yours. Every time you came home, a new decoration would be put up. Hongjoong was practically bouncing off the walls especially since this was your first Christmas together.

"It's going to be Christmas soon, ____."

"So what Hongjoong?"

"So what? SO WHAT? Don't tell me I'm dating Ebenezer Scrooge." He put his hands on his hips and you rolled your eyes, giggling at his stance.

"I'm not going to say 'bah hum bug' about the holiday. I just never really cared for that day."

"Well then, let me be the one to show you Christmas through my eyes."

And that he did. You watched his favorite Christmas movies and you went to see the light around the city. His eyes were constantly sparkling with joy and his smile never fell from his face. Slowly but surely you were starting to see why people loved Christmas so much. He indulged you in some of the classic Christmas traditions such as a kiss under a mistletoe, which you still don't truly understand the purpose but it made him happy so you went with it.

One day, when you walked through your front door, you immediately were welcomed with the smell of fresh pine.

"There's no way." You muttered, hoping it was just a candle that you were smelling. You reach the location and you're amazed by the sight. There was a well decorated tree in the corner of the living room. You take in the tree and all it's details from top to bottom and you get surprised again when you see Hongjoong sitting in front of the tree with a bow on his head.

"Babe how-"

"I got the guys to help me."

"You're crazy."

"You shouldn't be talking about your present that way."

You walk over to him, sitting down in front of him. You remove the bow from his head, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek, before placing the bow on your head.

"Now that I got my present, it's only fair that you get yours."

He gave you a big grin before leaning in for a kiss. You quickly stop him saying, "ah ah ah." He pouts, wondering you stopped him. You pull the ever so cheesy mistletoe from your pocket and hold it over your heads.

"Well, won't you look at that? There's mistletoe here. Guess you got to do what the tradition calls for."

Hongjoong giggled, knowing that you were mocking him.

"I guess we have to."

He leans in again and gives you the long awaited kiss. You truly understood why people loves Christmas so much and now you can only imagine yourself spending Christmas with him.